Subject: Oasis Rule:Have I been doing it wrong all these years? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Playing my first game with the New desert deck caused me think If I am reading the Oasis card removal right:
Every turn after you successfully place an Oasis card, you have to do a RPC check to see if the Oasis card stays in place or has to be removed and replaced with an Open Ground card?

It always seemed a little "Gamey" to me to have an Oasis magically vanish;what there they ,froma relism viewpoint, trying to simulate anyway?
Am I reading the rules on this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Mirages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
The rules actually state that if you fail the RNC test when first trying to place the Oasis card,it is considered a mirage. I am talking about that you, if I read the rules right, have a RNC test every turn you want to keep a group on a Mirage card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RNC check only happens the 1st time. If it ain't a mirage, you're good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dudalb wrote:
Playing my first game with the New desert deck caused me think If I am reading the Oasis card removal right:
Every turn after you successfully place an Oasis card, you have to do a RPC check to see if the Oasis card stays in place or has to be removed and replaced with an Open Ground card?

No, only when you play the Oasis card on a group, do you do an PNC check to see if the group arrives (Black) or finds a mirage instead (Red), in which the Oasis card is removed from play and the group remains moving.

Quote:

It always seemed a little "Gamey" to me to have an Oasis magically vanish;what there they ,froma relism viewpoint, trying to simulate anyway?

Yes, it is gamey--as with most of the Desert rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And upon the next time through the deck you no longer have to check Oasis to see if they are real?

How about Prepare for Play? Oasis automatic or still need to check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I've played the Oasis Card , if it happens to end up in a players hand , at a later time , Black RNC is needed again ...

At set up , I've played that it was a known Oasis and RNC needed ...

It is called a Mirage , in the rules ... I think of it more as a Well gone dry , your map says there is a well there , and it is dry or damaged , or , just a Mirage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.