Hide
9 Posts

Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » Rules

Subject: Out of Cargo Cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Forby
msg tools
So, what happens when you are out of cargo cubes of a color to use. Rare that it sounds, it can happen and almost has in one game. Now, I know with the Economy Board it may not be an issue, or as much, but I don't have it yet and I am currently playing the base game, thanks to the early ship on the base game.

So what happens? Are you just SOL and can only use what their is? Or do you have "virtual" cubes and you just mark it down and the cubes are essentially infinite, there is no limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not Cody, but I would assume that you would just use a placeholder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy some from BGG they sell them in all colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cody released a good printable copy of the economy board during the kickstarter. I'll see if I can get permission to upload to files here.

Otherwise I would just mock one up yourself on paper, pretty easy really.

I bought some "learning cubes" off amazon to add new kinds of cargo, black and red so far. You can find them here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDTVFG/?tag=article-bo...

From BGG I got some silver metal cubes, which are great. I'll eventually get the Gold, and Copper ones too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
Ok, so there really isn't a finite supply of cargo cubes of any given type.

Yes, I understand that the economy board provides a supply and demand that helps fix this BUT the important thing is that the initial assumption that I had was incorrect.

That being, once you are out of cargo cubes to give out there aren't anymore until someone sells them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not assume that Cody intended it to be a finite supply. If everyone in the game wants to harvest at the same time, there shouldn't be anything stopping them.

That said, the game does not say one way or another. So I think it's more important for you and your group to decide for yourselves. If you're having a problem with too many traders, then you may want to make it limited supply.

With the Economy Board I don't think you'll see this ever come up again. I strongly encourage you to start playing with that component.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
I do not assume that Cody intended it to be a finite supply. If everyone in the game wants to harvest at the same time, there shouldn't be anything stopping them.

That said, the game does not say one way or another. So I think it's more important for you and your group to decide for yourselves. If you're having a problem with too many traders, then you may want to make it limited supply.

With the Economy Board I don't think you'll see this ever come up again. I strongly encourage you to start playing with that component.

I'm not sure I follow - with the economy board you will most definitely see this issue come up again, as cubes of a single color will run out very quickly and then you will not be able to buy them for awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a different kind of "run out". The buyable supply will be limited, but the chances of running out of all 15 cubes will be reduced, since those extra cubes would only come from gathering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their is no statement about that being a cap of resources, or if you should use a placeholder.

I suspect cody probabaly intended it for it to be an unlimited resource, so use a placeholder. If you want it to be a limit, than just say the supply is used up temporarily.

I don't think I have ever played a game where all of the cubes got used up though..everyone playing at your table must have decided to go merchant, and hit the same resource point all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.