Popular Tags: [View All]
George Beecher
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one who HATES the box?? Am I missing something or is this the worst box ever? I LOVE the game but packing it up is a nightmare.

Anybody re boxing this thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keoki98 wrote:
Am I the only one who HATES the box??

Various people in various threads have given negative opinions about the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Holman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't mind the insert or the display plastic, I just hate sliding big games in and out of oversized tuck boxes.

So what I did: I cut off the back of the box, glued it to the bottom of the black plastic insert, glued the clear plastic to the front, and glued the top/bottom flaps onto the front.

The end result is a telescoping box, and while I didn't do the cleanest job it's pretty hard to tell since the original tucks and flaps had their own gaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I dislike about the box is "Award Winning Designer" on the front, instead of his name. Very strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
The only thing I dislike about the box is "Award Winning Designer" on the front, instead of his name. Very strange.

At least it's on the back:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anonfunc wrote:
I don't mind the insert or the display plastic, I just hate sliding big games in and out of oversized tuck boxes.

So what I did: I cut off the back of the box, glued it to the bottom of the black plastic insert, glued the clear plastic to the front, and glued the top/bottom flaps onto the front.

The end result is a telescoping box, and while I didn't do the cleanest job it's pretty hard to tell since the original tucks and flaps had their own gaps.

Could you put up a photo? I'm having a hard time picturing what you did. If you glued the clear plastic down, how do you open it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The packaging looks good on the store shelf, but is terrible for permanent storage.

They should have gone with a cloth "board" and given it a bag for storage. Box is clunky to use and far bigger than necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Holman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I took some pictures to make it clearer:

Shows that I just pull off the top to open, the clear plastic remains glued to the top (previously the front) of the box. (Edit: the box is upside down to demonstrate where the cuts are. I don't open it in that orientation.)

This is a closeup showing that the plastic is glued to the front, and the flap and whatnot was cut off and glued back on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
strider72 wrote:
The packaging looks good on the store shelf, but is terrible for permanent storage.

They should have gone with a cloth "board" and given it a bag for storage. Box is clunky to use and far bigger than necessary.

Or have a cloth board that can be used as a bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.