Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
So,slowly working my way through villain references throughout the Hero decks. As I encounter ones I'm not so sure about I will post them up and see if anyone else knows who the character might be.

First up, from Sky-Scraper's deck.

The two I don't recognize are on Colossal Left Hook and Aggression Modulator. any bright ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akash Bhuta, flip side
Mmdjai, from Tomb of Anubis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
ah, how about Knyfe on the card "Energy Burn"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was fast.
Celstial Executioner from the Celestial Tribunal deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Really having a struggle with Expatriette.

5 cards feature potential suspects. Citizen Dawn on Liquid Nitrogen Rounds, Setback and ??? on Shock Rounds, Metallic Thing (Progeny?) on Hollow Points, Blond guy on Quick Draw and Glowing Eye'd Guy on Incendiary Rounds.

After eyeballing other entries on the wiki, would it be more effective to have each card reference as an individual bulleted point to better explain the action of the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shockrounds is Revenant (basing this on wrong time and place from Setback's deck). Couldn't tell you if he's in a villain deck.

Don't know about the others. Blonde guy might be ambuscade/stuntman, but I don't think so. Metal guy - I don't think it's progeny based on that mask, but it might be. *shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revenant - Setback's Nemesis on Friction's deck,
Argentium - Guise's Nemesis on Friction's deck
There isn't s definite description of the Quick Draw guy, dont't think he is actually a Villain. Might even be Tony Taurus.
Citizen Slash - Expat's Nemesis on Baron Blade Vengeance's deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, Wraith. Combat Stance shows her beating down a thug. This is The Muscle from Chairman's deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't look similar enough, so no. Plus Chariman deck has a lot of art based on KS backers (not sure about The Muscle) so it's quite possible that it's not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another brain teaser, Absolute Zero, Frost-Bound Drain, who is he freezing?

Got it, its the guy from the Block
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This will probably help you quite a bit

http://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Character

edit:

as a side note, simply because that list exist doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to do what you are doing. Having it duplicated and able to be found from multiple locations on the wiki is a great thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking at Knyfe's deck does anyone else have any thoughts about what she is punching in "Primed Punch"? The artwork and patterns are very reminiscent of Oblivaeon, but colored wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
There isn't s definite description of the Quick Draw guy, dont't think he is actually a Villain. Might even be Tony Taurus.
I think it is Tony Taurus, with dyed hair. Compare to his appearance on the Stonjaw title; that's the same shirt and pants and rolled-up sleaves.

Tony Taurus, by the way, becomes Heartbreaker and kills Mr. Fixer: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/49oetg/ama_with...
So his appearance on Quick Draw in this context seems interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's safe to say Rook City's last good cop might have had a few qualms about a gun-toting vigilante dispensing her own brand of justice on the streets of his city.

I'd imagine he got over them eventually, but first impressions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Tony Taurus, by the way, becomes Heartbreaker and kills Mr. Fixer: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/49oetg/ama_with...
Oh, nice! Do you know if that info also in Tactics or just int he AMA?
Yeah, then it's definitely him. It's odd the hair colour difference, but not enough to claim they are not the same person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talkalots wrote:
Looking at Knyfe's deck does anyone else have any thoughts about what she is punching in "Primed Punch"? The artwork and patterns are very reminiscent of Oblivaeon, but colored wrong...

At this point it's the only one it could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
dthurston wrote:
Oh, nice! Do you know if that info also in Tactics or just int he AMA?
Yeah, then it's definitely him. It's odd the hair colour difference, but not enough to claim they are not the same person.
Heartbreaker was slated to appear in the For Profit expansion to Sentinel Tactics, which is now delayed. We did get some info from that, which fueled the suspicions that he might be Tony Taurus.
Quote:
The masked man known as Heartbreaker has been through a lot. He used to work on the side of the law, but enough corruption can turn the most stalwart of men. Loss and disgrace taught him that he could not protect those around him. Hell, he couldn't even protect himself. But he could take. From lawman to assassin, his life turned from chasing righteous goals and failing, to chasing personal gain and succeeding. Heartbreaker may be a scoundrel, but he knows his business.

(from https://greaterthangames.com/content/for-profit)

If I remember right, Christopher also said something about Tony Taurus at the Gen Con Q&A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know what exactly turned Tony into Heartbreaker? I was under the impression he died and came back to life corrupted, but I don't think he's actually the guy being stabbed by Apostate in Remorseless Provocation, is he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we do. I think Christopher said something about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it was pretty vague. I'm hoping we see that story eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's Revenant who was in the wrong place at the wrong time! :V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is whatever happened at the arena since Tony shows up there. We then see him as Heartbreaker in the Celestial Tribunal environment deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.