Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news out today! There is a Broken Token insert coming that will hold everything with the upcoming expansion items too. And best yet the boards will be on top as it should be.
Check it out here:

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/scythe-organizer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$50 for an insert?!? wowwowwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
$50 for an insert?!? wowwowwow

Gotta pay for design and material. Lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news, will get this when they release the dead of winter organiser for the long night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks nice (I am a huge fan of Broken Token - great company) but it does seem that with the board the contents sit a little high, making the top rest a little higher. I might be wrong; one picture makes it seem that way. Some folks really don't mind that; I'd prefer the top not ride higher. I might end up getting it anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Wade
United States
Alabaster
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is the one from meeple realty.

[url]http://www.meeplerealty.com/store/p81/Scythe_Factory_%28Comp...™%29.html[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Broken Token doesn't have a spot for the promo metal 2 coins, but the Meeple Realty does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Meeple Realty make the box lift up with the expansion board? Couldn't get a good look at it.

Also, looks like Broken Token has to have some of the mechs lying on their side... not a bit fan of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pgmaster69 wrote:

[url]http://www.meeplerealty.com/store/p81/Scythe_Factory_%28Comp...™%29.html[/url]

I think the Meeple Realty one looks better, tbh. But, good to have choices!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrian_vN wrote:
Pgmaster69 wrote:

I think the Meeple Realty one looks better, tbh. But, good to have choices!

I am a HUGE Broken Token fan, but I agree. IF I decide to do this and spend $40 or more on an insert instead of another game, Meeple Realty has my vote at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh god, the Meeple Realty one is gorgeous. This is probably going to add a lot to the weight of an already heavy box, though, right?

Gnnnnn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Looks like Broken Token doesn't have a spot for the promo metal 2 coins, but the Meeple Realty does.

Yeah that's what I noticed too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffary Sonnentag
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay this might be a stupid question but....
I have the retail version of the game, and have managed to gather most of the parts to make it close to the Kickstarter collectors edition. Everything fits in the box rather tightly.
My question : Are the box sizes for the collectors edition and retail edition the same size?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simmb wrote:
My question : Are the box sizes for the collectors edition and retail edition the same size?
Thanks
All versions of the game are the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffary Sonnentag
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dunka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
simmb wrote:
dunka

Danke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Not only is there an organizer coming out, but TWO organizers!

I love Broken Token's products, but there are several aspects of Meeple Realty's that look nicer. I definitely think Meeple Realty wins on the miniature storage part. But, Broken Token has some nice set-up and game play features with just pulling out the trays, plopping them on the table and go--especially the dual resource trays (set one on each end of the board). I'm torn; happily it looks like I'll have a while to make up my mind on which way to jump.

I am confident the Broken Token organizer will be top quality judging by the Firefly Big Damn Crate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aminda Courtwright
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Here's the product tour which better displays the features of the TBT version.

https://youtu.be/wNrANihI6fA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
Does the Meeple Realty make the box lift up with the expansion board? Couldn't get a good look at it.

Also, looks like Broken Token has to have some of the mechs lying on their side... not a bit fan of that.

We opted to have them laying down in some cases because some of them have very tall weapons which wastes a lot of space. This allowed us to have the power dials grouped with all the other pieces a player needs. The removable player trays will really reduce setup time.

As far as the amount of space the lid is lifted, it depends on if you keep the second game board in the box. Those two game boards together are quite thick and not everyone will have them or even want to use them due to table space requirements. With one board in the box, the lid closes all the way. With both boards in the box, the lid is raised about 5-6mm, but with the depth of that box, it does not cause any problems.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions about it. The video linked above will show you a little more about how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Hong

Tulsa
Oklahoma
msg tools
BenJazz wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Insert from Meeple Realty will hold everything comes with collector's edition of Scythe (including expansion board) and future expansion (including metal coins ($2 and $5), additional battle dials, and extra cards). The box will sit flush with everything in it.

Tommy From MR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
got a rough idea on the release date Greg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T2_Twinz wrote:
BenJazz wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Insert from Meeple Realty will hold everything comes with collector's edition of Scythe (including expansion board) and future expansion (including metal coins ($2 and $5), additional battle dials, and extra cards). The box will sit flush with everything in it.

Tommy From MR.
Why does assembly require a hammer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:

To smash the mechs flat so that everything will fit.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

To smash the mechs flat so that everything will fit.devil

laugh

Now, the serious answer: it's to tap some of the tighter-fitting pieces home. It doesn't take much, but is better than jamming the pieces together by hand. I usually use a simple rubber mallet and very little force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also this foam core insert from Insert Here: http://www.inserthere.me/productdisplay/scythe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.