Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure about the first but want to make sure :

Technically, nothing in 8.5.6.4.1 says anything about port-to-port or port-to-beachhead movement. But I figured that the sentence :

"Moving into or out of a Port requires tracing the movement through an adjacent All-Sea hex"

1- Also applies to beachheads.
2- Implies that if the Inshore Box is Contested or enemy-controlled, it would require a Contested Sea Movement.

Second question, I've read in a few threads that once the allies take control of a Sea Box, they can't ever lose control of it. Technically, based on the tables, that's not true. Is there a GSR I missed?

On GT1, the East Sea Box becomes Contested and everything else remains DPRK-controlled. What does that achieve, technically? They can move units from Japan to the box uncontested and that's pretty much it? It won't allow a roll for the Inshore box next turn, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
Pretty sure about the first but want to make sure :

Technically, nothing in 8.5.6.4.1 says anything about port-to-port or port-to-beachhead movement. But I figured that the sentence :

"Moving into or out of a Port requires tracing the movement through an adjacent All-Sea hex"

1- Also applies to beachheads.
2- Implies that if the Inshore Box is Contested or enemy-controlled, it would require a Contested Sea Movement.

Correct.

Quote:
Second question, I've read in a few threads that once the allies take control of a Sea Box, they can't ever lose control of it. Technically, based on the tables, that's not true. Is there a GSR I missed?

In NWK, this was true. When playing NWT or a combined game, this is no longer true.

Quote:
On GT1, the East Sea Box becomes Contested and everything else remains DPRK-controlled. What does that achieve, technically? They can move units from Japan to the box uncontested and that's pretty much it? It won't allow a roll for the Inshore box next turn, right?

Controlling the At Sea Box allows for a roll the next for the Inshore Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:

In NWK, this was true. When playing NWT or a combined game, this is no longer true.

Is this in the rules or on a table somewhere?

Toadkillerdog wrote:

Controlling it, yes, but if the Sea Box is Contested and the Inshore box is controlled by the DPRK, you would just reroll for Control of the At Sea box and that's it, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
Toadkillerdog wrote:

Is this in the rules or on a table somewhere?

Toadkillerdog wrote:

Controlling it, yes, but if the Sea Box is Contested and the Inshore box is controlled by the DPRK, you would just reroll for Control of the At Sea box and that's it, right?

On the first, the NWK rules state that you don't roll once the Allies gain control. The NWT rules state that you roll regardless (although the Game Specific Rules clarify when you roll).

On the second, I misunderstood. Correct, if it's Contested, you would simply roll again for the At Sea box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:

On the first, the NWK rules state that you don't roll once the Allies gain control.

Can't find it for the life of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
Toadkillerdog wrote:

On the first, the NWK rules state that you don't roll once the Allies gain control.

Can't find it for the life of me.

You'll just have to take my word for it. :-) I know it's implied in the Game Specific Rules. I don't have an electronic version of the Series Rules which came with NWK, but you could check the hard copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.