Hide
6 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone have the Vera play mat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven C
msg tools
If anybody out there's got ahold of the Vera edition of the Big Damn 'Verse mat I wanted to know what the material was like. I'd seen videos of the standard 'verse mat and it seemed a little thin, so I'm kind of hoping the Vera mat might be made of something thicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Meoww
mbmbmbmbmb
"Vera?....Vera?...what has become of you?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered one. I let you know once I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both mats. I haven't examined them side by side, but they seem to be the same material and thickness. What's the concern? I haven't used Vera yet, but the original mat has seen plenty of action. It's holding up just fine so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coxon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the original play mat and initially experienced problems with the ends curling and not flattening out well during gameplay. Rolling it the opposite way after each session helps to counter that, but what I found works better is to wrap the mat around the outside of the original tube and then stuffing the whole thing into a larger tube. This prevents it from getting rolled too tight. There haven't been any problems since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ashitaka wrote:
I have both mats. I haven't examined them side by side, but they seem to be the same material and thickness. What's the concern? I haven't used Vera yet, but the original mat has seen plenty of action. It's holding up just fine so far...

I haven't seen either. I'm hoping these are printed on neoprene, and not just shiny (no pun intended) gorram vinyl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.