Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Im letting the players pick one sin and one new team to open each time we play. We opened Gluttony and Delta, and played Rise of the Hell Club.

First off I saw the small Delta booklet had alt map layouts for each mission so I used that. What I did not know was that the main card had a bunch of special rules at the top of the card on the back. This means we played two very confusing turns before I noticed all the extra setup. I wish small book had said 'see special rules' somewhere.

Maybe it was the combo but Gluttony did not seem good at all. I had my entire deck of Sin cards in my hand for the last couple of turns and was having trouble using them to effect. I often had more reactions that I could use and did not feel Heroes where 'punished' enough for getting more Upgrades.

One observation. I dont really like that Sin cards are half Start of Turn and half Start of Fight. I feel it disruptive to the flow of the game that you have to make the players wait at the Start of Turn and then again at the Start of Fights to look through cards. Its too bad there wasn't a single phase that they were all played in. This would not matter if you could play more than one per Hero activation. I would be much happier if you could play one Start of Turn AND one Start of Fight per activation. Simple.

Questions
Rise of the Hell Club
1 - 1. A Hero's Sacrifice (One Hero is Killed). This means die naturally right? A Hero cant just choose to die?

2 - 2B. Haven's Salvation (Two Hero's reach maximum Corruption, revealing their Dark Past cards). Does this mean naturally reveal Dark Past at end of their turn or do they get to instantly reveal Dark Past when they hit max?

3 - Redemption Gourd&Vex, activate AC ability without marking it. Does this mean you could use it again in the same fight by marking it?

4 - Similar question. Delta Manuela, Once per round may use a City Action without using a token. So could she do another City Token activation on the same turn by marking it?

Delta Gear
5 - Ravencorp Eye-in-the-Sky, +1 Die if alone. Alone = no monsters as well? Or just no other Heroes?

6 - Laz Blade - +3 dice in your Space. +2 dice instead vs. only AB or AC.
....what? So +2 dice at range if only firing at AB or AC? Not and/or? Maybe this card should have said +2 dice in same Space. +1 more die if fighting a non-AB/AC in same space.

7 - Delta Wengsi Wong - Bonus when outnumbered. So I guess if Monsters > Heroes in same space?

8 - Does Karl have to start in Human form?

Thanks
Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry no, the heroes cannot win, just check every other thread here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
9 - Are the Extra Activation tokens limited? I had a Sin card that I could offer any number of Heroes an Extra Activation token but there was only 1 left. Could I only give out 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

CptBlood wrote:

Questions
Rise of the Hell Club
1 - 1. A Hero's Sacrifice (One Hero is Killed). This means die naturally right? A Hero cant just choose to die?

yes, the hero has to gain 5 wounds some how

CptBlood wrote:

2 - 2B. Haven's Salvation (Two Hero's reach maximum Corruption, revealing their Dark Past cards). Does this mean naturally reveal Dark Past at end of their turn or do they get to instantly reveal Dark Past when they hit max?

The rulebook, and other mission sheets say that you reveal them at the end of the hero's turn if he/she is at max corruption.

CptBlood wrote:

3 - Redemption Gourd&Vex, activate AC ability without marking it. Does this mean you could use it again in the same fight by marking it?

I would say no, you can still only use it once per fight, however, you can use it multiple times per round, if you kept triggering Gourd&Vex's ability

CptBlood wrote:

4 - Similar question. Delta Manuela, Once per round may use a City Action without using a token. So could she do another City Token activation on the same turn by marking it?

yes

CptBlood wrote:

Delta Gear
5 - Ravencorp Eye-in-the-Sky, +1 Die if alone. Alone = no monsters as well? Or just no other Heroes?

I don't have this card, so I'm not sure, but I would assume it would mean, alone with no other heroes. If you type the exact text, I might be able to help further.

CptBlood wrote:

....what? So +2 dice at range if only firing at AB or AC? Not and/or? Maybe this card should have said +2 dice in same Space. +1 more die if fighting a non-AB/AC in same space.

I don't have the card. However what you wrote out seems to be correct. The blade ONLY affects melee fights. The period, really should be a comma in the text of the card.

CptBlood wrote:

7 - Delta Wengsi Wong - Bonus when outnumbered. So I guess if Monsters > Heroes in same space?

yes

CptBlood wrote:

8 - Does Karl have to start in Human form?

I would say no

CptBlood wrote:

Im letting the players pick one sin and one new team to open each time we play. We opened Gluttony and Delta, and played Rise of the Hell Club.

First off I saw the small Delta booklet had alt map layouts for each mission so I used that. What I did not know was that the main card had a bunch of special rules at the top of the card on the back. This means we played two very confusing turns before I noticed all the extra setup. I wish small book had said 'see special rules' somewhere.

Maybe it was the combo but Gluttony did not seem good at all. I had my entire deck of Sin cards in my hand for the last couple of turns and was having trouble using them to effect. I often had more reactions that I could use and did not feel Heroes where 'punished' enough for getting more Upgrades.

One observation. I dont really like that Sin cards are half Start of Turn and half Start of Fight. I feel it disruptive to the flow of the game that you have to make the players wait at the Start of Turn and then again at the Start of Fights to look through cards. Its too bad there wasn't a single phase that they were all played in. This would not matter if you could play more than one per Hero activation. I would be much happier if you could play one Start of Turn AND one Start of Fight per activation. Simple.

Gluttony is probably one of the stronger sins out of the 7 IMO. Being able to react, and have cards is a BIG advantage. With gluttony it is pretty normal to have a big hand, however, to not be able to use them to any affect? Some of the staple cards in the deck are moving monsters, flipping upgrades face down, giving an almost dead hero a +1 turn token to give him extra corurption, or give you a reaction token.

The whole point of the cards is supposed to be disruptive, however, you shouldn't be looking through cards everytime at the start of the turn or at start of the fight, you should kind of already have an idea of what you're going to do, but as a newer player I can definitely see how this slows the game down.

If you don't think the heroes get punished enough for getting upgrade cards, I recommend playing "Envy" the current hero takes a wound everytime they get an upgrade card, or everyone else takes 1 corruption. And in any other sin besides gluttony if you could play 1 card at the start, and 1 card at the fight you would run out of cards very quick, and it would also be a bit overpowered as the other sins cards are a bit better as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CptBlood wrote:
9 - Are the Extra Activation tokens limited? I had a Sin card that I could offer any number of Heroes an Extra Activation token but there was only 1 left. Could I only give out 1?

woah, there are like 6 extra turn tokens. When a hero dies, they don't get to keep their extra turn tokens, and extra turn tokens are pretty hard to come by.

In the rules, whenever you run out of tokens you just dont place them, so I would assume the same for card effects that use tokens as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5. Alone with no other heroes. Monsters don't count.

8. Even if he starts as human, at the beginning of his turn, he can turn werewolf so it really doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
msyterhe wrote:

CptBlood wrote:

Delta Gear

I don't have this card, so I'm not sure, but I would assume it would mean, alone with no other heroes. If you type the exact text, I might be able to help further.

Heh, that is the exact text. +1 Die if alone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
CptBlood wrote:
What I did not know was that the main card had a bunch of special rules at the top of the card on the back. This means we played two very confusing turns before I noticed all the extra setup. I wish small book had said 'see special rules' somewhere.

Yeah, I made that same mistake once. But I won't again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Perro
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CptBlood wrote:

Here's how we read this card: You get 3 extra dice for fights in your space. If the fight is only with AB or AC though (ie: no avatar, controller, or hell's club member) then you only get 2 extra dice in the fight.

Therefore no extra dice for ranged and I agree that it could have been worded better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.