Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what to place on this game's value. Other than the high amazon price. Anyone have a suggestion?

New baby in family, so raising money. Just want to be sure I get close to normal value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look on the game page for the "market" tab. That will show you what others are asking for it here on BGG. Remember though, that is just the asking price and BGG users are more market savvy than your average casual shopper.

Amazon prices are not useful as there is no fee or time limit for listing so people tend to shoot for the Moon and let it sit for as long as it takes.

A better gauge of open market value is search the eBay completed auctions. That lets you know what people are actually paying for something. I just checked and while there are a number of original editions, Avalon Hill editions, and recent 2008 editions being offered for a wild range of prices, there are no actual completed sales. That's not a good sign.

Not for nothing but its still a bit early, you might want to wait another month till the Christmas buying season fully kicks off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a new Valley one from a shop recently, negotiated from $80 to $55 CAD, or around $40 USD. I think they'd had that copy taking up space for 6+ years, not enough people love Titan!

Best of luck with the sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Giesing
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot depends on whether you're selling the VG reprint or one of the older editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Titan is priceless, but that being said it depends on what edition and condition the Titan game you have. The VG edition is of the least value right now, but as time goes on, and if no one reprints it again, the value will go up. I recently picked up a VG edition new on sale for about $25. As for AH editions, that is a different story. I have seen AH copies in very good condition go as high as $100 or more. Can't remember the last time I saw a new AH edition go on sale. Check out the game page under the "market" tab as well as see what they are going for on ebay.

Once you sell your copy, you might not be able to find it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kgiesing wrote:
A lot depends on whether you're selling the VG reprint or one of the older editions.

Its the VG reprint. I bought it a few years ago for $70.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, I bought and sold a copy in the past couple of years. It was the VG edition. I think I paid 55. I think I sold it for 35 or 45. Can't recall the exact amount.

I was happy to be rid of it. A bit too Archaic to get it out into the spotlight.

I do see it crop up in geekbay offerings, all versions. While you might sell it, there's enough dust in the title that most go unsold (from what I've seen).

Good luck. I was as glad to move this one on as I was CITOW, (which will probably appreciate now that ffg lost the GW license).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.