Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg. 14 : "Starting with the winning hand, and proceeding in hand order from highest to lowest, each player has the option of buying one Building card at a location where they have at least one Posse Token."

That leads me to think that:
A) Players can only buy ONE building card total.
or
B) There is a potential to be more than one card eligible to buy at a particular location and the buyer might get to choose between more than one card at that location.

If the rule is that the player has the option of buying the Building card the location where he has a Posse Token, and there is only one buyable Building card any location at a time, then the word "ONE" in the quote is unnecessary and should be replaced with "the". But as it stands, it is confusing.

But if you can buy more than one building (say, one at each location where you have a posse token), then do you buy them both at the same time, or do you buy one, the next highest hand buys theirs, etc...and then you buy again??

Some clarity is needed. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Chad,

Players can only buy one building card during phase four - UNLESS - they have a standing posse on the "buy leftover" spot at the Sheriff's Office. If they do, they can potentially buy two building cards in phase four. I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During Phase 4, you may buy 1 building total from anyplace on the board where you have a standing-up figure (so if you have 2/3 places to pick from, you can still only choose 1 of them).

If you have a figure on the Leftover spot, you may buy another building after all players have had a chance to get one if eligible.

Under what circumstances can there be 2 buildings to buy in a single spot ? I have not ever seen that. There's only ever 1 under each, and if it gets purchased, it gets replaced. If not, it stays there until the next round (you dont add one to it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
During Phase 4, you may buy 1 building total from anyplace on the board where you have a standing-up figure

The posse member doesn't have to be standing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

Under what circumstances can there be 2 buildings to buy in a single spot ? I have not ever seen that. There's only ever 1 under each, and if it gets purchased, it gets replaced. If not, it stays there until the next round (you dont add one to it)

None, there's always only one buyable building card at a location.

Example: If you have 2/3 posse and Posse A buys a building card from the Bank location where they are at, then everyone else buys as normal. Then your second posse, Posse B, who is on the buy a leftover spot at the Sheriff's Office, can now buy a building card from what is left at any location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
Players can only buy one building card during phase four - UNLESS - they have a standing posse on the "buy leftover" spot at the Sheriff's Office. If they do, they can potentially buy two building cards in phase four. I hope that helps.

Ahhhhh. Excellent. Thanks!

So are the building cards/actions that say things like,"Get law equal to the vp of the FIRST building you purchase in phase four." - (Mayor's Office), referring directly to the fact that you could potentially buy more than one building in phase four. ONE normally + ONE using the "buy left over" space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Xhawk wrote:

That was my point exactly. I was inferring based on how the rule was worded in order to make a point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ziggy3984 wrote:
mgcoe wrote:

Ahhhhh. Excellent. Thanks!

So are the building cards/actions that say things like,"Get law equal to the vp of the FIRST building you purchase in phase four." - (Mayor's Office), referring directly to the fact that you could potentially buy more than one building in phase four. ONE normally + ONE using the "buy left over" space.

Yes, exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cochran
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, playing my first game solo, the confusion was compounded by the wording for the Rival in the solo rules.

Since the rival only ever buys one building per turn, even if they are on the "Leftover" space, the following sentence is confusing:

"If the rival must advance an industry, note the leftmost symbol on the Building Card it bought first that round". (emphasis added by me)

It sounds like the rival can buy more than one card per round, counter to what was said previously. Why the emphasis on using the "first" card bought that round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the confusion there. The Rival can only buy one building per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.