Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Villaver
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the new components and the overall purpose of the game. A lot was improved in balancing numbers in the game. However, I felt there was something that could be improved in terms of elegance of flow.

Rational why I'm suggesting this: Having 3 actions successively on one's turn can possibly lead to two problematic situations.

1. Spamming on a key action that prevents other players the equal chance to get that opportunity.

Example: Spamming Acquiring Masters, Craftsmen or Spamming Education Investments

2. For AP prone players, having 3 actions that can cascade to more actions, lead to cyclic logic that tended to delay the game unnecessarily.

Action Placement Variant:

Use 3 action tokens of their color of choice for each player. Have a supply of generic action tokens. Keep a space on top of the rows of market cards for token placement. (Suggested number of generic tokens=10)

The game is now played in rounds. In a round, each player take turns doing only 1 action at a time. These are still the same actions players can take in the game.

When a player does an action, they place their token from their supply to the above the location they will take the action with, and then take the action as normal.

If taking a Send a worker to a construction site, the player places their token above that construction site. If they wish to send more workers to the same site then they must put the required amount of tokens on it from their supply to take the action.

If hiring workers, the player must place their action token above worker card first and then take the worker. Replace the worker at the market as normal. Do the same thing for investments cards.

If a player purchases an additional action. They can do so anytime by taking a generic token from the supply. They must consume all their colored tokens first before they can use the generic tokens.

Even with purchased actions, players must only play 1 action per turn.

They can purchase actions even out of turn and even if they have consumed their tokens as long as other players still have action tokens to play.

When players no longer have tokens to be placed, the new round begins with all players taking their tokens back. Put all generic tokens back into a center pile.

First Player Variant:

When a round ends, move the first player marker to the player to the left of the previous starting player.

In this manner, the game can run in a more consistent pace. AP Prone players are given ample time to think about their actions while still not prolonging the time it takes to get back to one's turn.

Albeit that it will probably feel very different than the intention of the designer. With the current rules, my friends and I can finish the game in 10-15 minutes, which is great if we are all playing at the same speed. Still a good game, and happy with the new components.

Hopefully, this helps the gamers that experienced the same situation.

Until next time, make your gaming count!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.