Subject: Initial faction abilities (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Woodhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

Haven't played the game yet (and don't yet own a copy). Can someone tell me, what are the initial unique abilities for each of the 5 factions? Also, am I correct in understanding that each faction has to choose 1 of 2 possible starting abilities?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah. One variant is to basically treat each of the starting powers as a different faction, but then you run into an issue with whether the powers are equally good....

Anyway:
Sahara: either maneuver while disconnected; or maneuver at any time in your turn.

Bears: -1 to defender's low die in attacks on the first territory you attack in your turn; or if you get 3 of a kind and kill at least one enemy unit the entire defending army dies

Mekaniker: HQ is always fortified if you have at least 8 defenders; or if you roll doubles on defense the territory cannot be attacked any more that turn.(or is it until your turn?)

Balkania: get a resource card draw if you expand to 4 territories; or always round up when calculating troops recruited

Khan: +1 troop to each HQ you control; or +1 troop if you draw a resource card for a territory you control.

But... there's been several discussions in the past about how balanced the factions are, with accompanying suggestions for revisions.

here's one of them: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/982578/khan-industries-star...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I strongly recommend that you do not revise the factions or use house rules. Part of the game is designed around the factions not being equal in power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
A man, a plan:
badge
Anal Panama
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
Mekaniker: HQ is always fortified if you have at least 8 defenders; or if you roll doubles on defense the territory cannot be attacked any more that turn.(or is it until your turn?)

It's only until the end of that turn, and only for double 6s.

The first power doesn't have the "at least 8 defenders" restriction, it’s always active (but only for their own HQ).
Spoiler (click to reveal)
One of the mercenary cards from the Bonus Cards expansion has that restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, I was typing it up from memory, guess I misremembered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.