Sébastien La Cinquième Colonne
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Artisan
Hired Crew: 1 VP per opposing Merchant/Trader at the game's end

For the action hired crew of artisan three possibilities :

1) I score all merchant and trader of the opposing players

2) I choose one type, for example merchant, and i score all merchant of the opposing players

3) i score a mix of merchant and trader depending on number have the opposing players in her crew (example player one 2 merchant, player two 1 trader and player three 2 trader, i score 5 VP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
daccie wrote:
Artisan
Hired Crew: 1 VP per opposing Merchant/Trader at the game's end

For the action hired crew of artisan three possibilities :

2) I choose one type, for example merchant, and i score all merchant of the opposing players

3) i score a mix of merchant and trader depending on number have the opposing players in her crew (example player one 2 merchant, player two 1 trader and player three 2 trader, i score 5 VP)

Isn't #1 and #3 the same thing?
Anyway, not official but just based on that wording I'd say #1 - just taking the text at face value
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 3 is correct. 1VP per card that your opponents have hired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daccie wrote:

shem84 wrote:
Number 3 is correct. 1VP per card that your opponents have hired.

I read #3 as "For each opposing player, you choose either Merchant or Trader and score 1VP per card of the chosen type in that opponent's crew. You may choose a different type (Merchant or Trader) for each opponent."

But I read Shem's response as "Count the number of Merchants and Traders in all opponents' crews. Score that many VP." Which I'd interpret as #1 above.

I thought the correct ruling would be #1, but now I'm a little confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct. I read number one as scoring VPs equal to what the Merchants and Traders score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.