Mysterium» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone play Dixit with this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
As someone who has never played Dixit, is it a good idea to try it with the vision cards and the tokens from Mysterium? I heard about people using Dixit cards with this game (with more or less success) but I haven't read much about how it works the other way around.

I just ordered Mysterium because it looked really interesting to me, but I also plan to try Dixit with it to see if it's my thing or not.

Do you think Mysterium is suitable for that purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mohasz wrote:
As someone who has never played Dixit, is it a good idea to try it with the vision cards and the tokens from Mysterium? I heard about people using Dixit cards with this game (with more or less success) but I haven't read much about how it works the other way around.

I just ordered Mysterium because it looked really interesting to me, but I also plan to try Dixit with it to see if it's my thing or not.

Do you think Mysterium is suitable for that purpose?
You could play a relatively short game, or one with relatively few players. But the small selection of vision cards would, I think, quickly lead to the game getting repetitive if played with the same group. Having the same cards come up would quickly lead to recycled clues, which people would start to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
You could play a relatively short game, or one with relatively few players. But the small selection of vision cards would, I think, quickly lead to the game getting repetitive if played with the same group. Having the same cards come up would quickly lead to recycled clues, which people would start to learn.

I get that - I merely want to try Dixit without actually buying it (yet) - , but isn't it the same with base Dixit then? It also comes with 84 cards.
Or did I misunderstand something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're probably right. I'm probably misremembering because I've bought so many expansions for the game that it barely fits into the box anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Risto Sarja
Finland
Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
I've been diced!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it works as dixit and also dixit cards work for Mysterium, go for it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.