Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthonii
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mb
So if a vehicle is at a range equal to or greater than 8 hexes then its a -3 on the Hit Table?

Id there someway around this? If not why not bake it into the range table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Heat Haze is in effect as instructed by a scenario’s Setup or Special Conditions. It isn't applicable at all times. That quote is from section 6.5.1.2.

I didn't repeat it in the AP or GP modifiers section to minimize duplication. However, if you initially skipped the Indirect Fire section of the Advanced rules, you'd have missed the statement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthonii
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mb
Thanks for the reply Jim.

If i was a playtester i would have this to say:

Would have loved an index here. Im struggling to remember 50 pages of rules. Especially with global exceptions in some sections and not others.

When i really think about it sure (someone has to spot) i don't think of 'check indirect fire when doing Direct AP fire'. Right now i am trying to 'stick to what i know' trying to bridge the gap from Basic to Advanced, i would love to see it here.

Edit: i might just make an index myself to learn the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
anthonii wrote:
Would have loved an index here.

The index in the back of the Basic Rules covers Basic, Advanced and Optional rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthonii
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mb
AdrianPHague wrote:
anthonii wrote:
Would have loved an index here.

The index in the back of the Basic Rules covers Basic, Advanced and Optional rules.

Very Helpful! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Surdu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Speaking of indirect fire response modifiers, I am having a hard time getting my head around the logic of modifying a response based on the state of the observer. For example, why should a suppressed observer negatively affect the whether artillery responds to a call. I was trained in the military to execute fire missions and can't for the life of me figure why many of these modifiers exist. Once a call is placed into a fire direction center, it is done, and the response time is out of the observer's hands, unless check fire or some other emergent issue arises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.