GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,839 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Which other OCS game would u recommend me rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
I recently get Reluctant enemies And Im looking for another wargame, cd b OCS but I aswell really like pirates topic So would like to ask if There is kind of pirates wars...Iv heard smtn bout Black beard but not sure if its good nd Dont know the máme of the game, the other game I have question About is Hammer of the Scots...is it better choice than Polis fight for the hegemony or commands nd colours ancient these Two Im considering aswell.

Thanx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are very different games, some of then even are not wargames, is difficult to make a recommendation without knowing you personal tastes or gaming experience.

Anyway all the games you say are good games and by far easier to learn than OCS, so any one will be a good purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin halloran
United Kingdom
carnforth
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin, Roi makes a very valid point. If you're interested in pirates have a look at the BGG entry for a brand new board game called "Infamous: Pirate Wars". Don't know much about it but it gets some favourable reviews although obviously early days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Im interested in WWI, Napoleonic,WWII And Američan civil war mainly, with OCS is Just that Im giving it a shot, want to study And try the system, not nessassary to b pirate wars it cd b some good nával battles, pirates wd been plus...but something deeper than Merchant And marauders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin halloran
United Kingdom
carnforth
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin, that covers quite a bit of ground! For Napoleonic Victory Point Games do a popular series of reasonably priced games called Napoleonic 20. GMT have published three of the series in a single volume game called Fading Glory. Have a look perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Polis: Fight for the Hegemony is a very clever game that I can recommend you should try out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean the Case Blue meme is dead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dieroll Honker wrote:

Now that you mentioned it, no. No it's not deadwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Dieroll Honker wrote:

Now that you mentioned it, no. No it's not deadwhistle

Ah, but I did not deploy it, I only made a meta-reference. So it could be dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Spiering
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The meme is evolving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgenii
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Topic starter's questions always make me laugh/cry. I think he doesn't even understand what he wants in his life... 4 topics on the 1st page and all of them have similar tone :/ He's even too lazy to type

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why new users have the new user badges. To remind us to cut them a bit of slack. The BGG website and how to navigate/use it can be a little overwhelming at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junkers doll
msg tools
Good point, that.

I think I started my wargaming journey on the Feudal Lord page because I was interested in the Sengoku period, then made my way through a handful of geeklists on Japanese wargame magazines.

Then I found the forums and all the super-helpful wiki and n00b threads.

Then I found the sticky that actually connected them all.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Gonna blame that last one on many forums I've visited in the past having unhelpful housekeeping bs stickied to the top of the page and therefore training me to scan past them. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Ur right Im bít lost in it yet, but I love history and wargaming came on my mind, so true that its quiet difficult for mě to orient on bgg And aswell theres So many Games Id love to try, but aswell has limited amount I can spend monthly, So I wanna b careful with choices

Thnx for understanding And sorry if its annoying, Ill try to improve the orientation here on the website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Back to your original post.

Since you have already purchased Reluctant Enemies, you should try and play it a few times before you even consider buying another OCS title.

I've only played an OCS title once, so I am in the same boat as you are.

I think this game will already give you a handful as far as "complexe" wargames are concerned.

This is my advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
I agree. Stick with one or two games for a while and learn them well. These are deep games and deserve some time and attention!

What I do is keep track of all the scenarios available in all the games I own and when I play them. If I haven't at least sampled all the scenarios in a game that I bought, I haven't explored it enough! https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/196692/scenarios-comp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.