Subject: How many rounds does an average game take? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question: How many rounds does an average game take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've never played the game but in the rule it says:

"throughout the game your cattleman will reach Kansas City about 5 to 7 times"

I think this will be an rounds of an average game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be around 20 turns with 3-4 turns per "year"(=arrivals in Kansas City)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers!
AlexP wrote:
It should be around 20 turns with 3-4 turns per "year"(=arrivals in Kansas City)

So I arrive at Kansas City 5-7 times throughout the games (as said in the rules), and each time I spend 2-3 turns elsewhere in before. (+ 1 turn in Kansas => 3-4 turns per year; "3-4"x"5-7"= around 20)

Getting to take (around) 20 turns per game sounds great to me as I prefer more turns over long turns. Looking forward to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think that you'll get plenty of chances to do what you want as there seems to be a few other ways of getting actions done. (via train stations for example, or hiring staff and covering things on your board).

I'm very keen on this game but likely will only get a chance to play it sometime mid next year - everything travels so much slower to downunder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.