$20.00
David Whipple
United States
South Dennis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Folks, new to the game and have what may be an old question: What does the +1 at the top of a card mean? Is it just a bumper sticker advertising what the text below says about a die getting +1 when rolled? Or is it an additional plus one?

Could not find this question in FAQ here or on pazio website

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
It's a magic item, the +1 means it's one better than a nonmagical item would be on the die roll (which is accounted for on the text of the card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
this is a throwback to classic D&D where magical items were generally "Mace +1" or whatever. As you said, it makes the item have the MAGIC Trait and also adds a flat value to the dice bonus (+1, +2, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, that is just the card's name. As stated above, that typically means that the card has the Magic trait. And it typically means there is a "bonus" added to the dice you roll. But don't always assume that to be true. It is really just the items name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, basically, it's flavor text. It has no game effect. You have to read the card's powers to see what the card can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Whipple
United States
South Dennis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks All

Suspected as much but needed a sanity check.

Don't know what it is but really liking this game (on my third scenario this week (5 if you count the two learning curve induced losses).

I have Lord of the Rings card game but just kept getting beat up as I recall and was spending more time parsing out rules than playing...I will go back and look at it when I reach Pathfinder saturation now that I have a better sense on how these games work.

Thanks Again

Regards,

dBW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.