Subject: Is it worth getting in Europe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the other games cost around 180 SEK at lowest here, which is around $21.

This cost $25+23 = $48 with the stretch-goals but that is $27 for the KS stretch-goals ...

I've wanted all the content of Ultimate Werewolf and so on before and thought about backing the one for Ultimate werewolf alone back when that ran, I would had enjoyed the Tom Vasel and such cards but wouldn't really had needed the 10 or 16 art-work packs of which is just replacements aren't they?

As such I've also thought about the $350 tier but shipping is $75 more there and it's also shipped from the US? If they market the accurate $425 value that would mean $106.25 in VAT + about $15 in fees which would push it up to close to $550... Which is very expensive no matter how you look at it.

The bonus packs are old stretch-goals pack? So they value those at $15?
Ordering the games from the Kickstarter for $30 + VAT make no sense when they are $21 locally..
I don't know what the 4 expansions KS exclusive cards contain but I guess I could want them, $60 for them may be expensive depending on what it contains.

Ultimate werewolf Deluxe edition was 250 SEK locally but it's not around, the normal game is 139 SEK, the KS price is $30.
Artifacts is 140 SEK locally, $20 on the KS.
There's "Ultimate Werewolf: Inquisition" for 184 SEK but I don't know what that is.

Maybe the nicest would had been if one could had ordered just the One night Ultimate Bonus packs 1-3, Ultimate werewolf Deluxe, and the 4 expansions for that and then picked up the rest locally in retail stores but I can't. I guess I could if I ordered One night Ultimate Alien.

Artifacts wouldn't be more expensive locally. Maybe that maybe not. Are there a difference of Ultimate werewolf and the Deluxe edition? What?

* One night ultimate Alien: $48
* Ultimate Werewolf Deluxe: $30
* Four expansions: $60
* Two card packs: $30
* Artifacts: $20
= $188?
= $250 with VAT and fees.

Kinda expensive in general. Only reason to buy any of it is that it's the only way to buy it since it seem local retail would had been cheaper if the products actually was around in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One solution is to find some friends and pledge together. Each additional game added to a pledge is 30$ including shipping.
So the more you buy, the more the price per game will get closer to 30$ which is a more reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
One solution is to find some friends and pledge together. Each additional game added to a pledge is 30$ including shipping.
So the more you buy, the more the price per game will get closer to 30$ which is a more reasonable price.
Well, I do play in a group of people but why would we ever need multiple copies?

But that's true. At two copies it become a better deal. Maybe I should check that up. Too bad time is running out =P

Does a second copy come with stretch-goals?

It's still ridiculously expensive though.
Say 25% Swedish VAT + 125 SEK = $14.50 for handling it.

Cheapest online retailer:
179 SEK.

One copy through Kickstarter:
($25 + $23) * 1.25 + $14.5 = $74.50 = 642 SEK not including currency conversion fees.

Two copies through Kickstarter:
(($25 + $23 + $30) * 1.25 + $14.5) / 2 = $56 = 482 SEK each.

I mean.. if it was 250 or 300 at most with stretch-goals then yeah but more than three times more expensive than a retail copy?

The Ultimate werewolf stuff would be nice and fun to have but if it was around retail for less I would of course had preferred that.

For a single copy one MAY not be charged VAT, on the other hand if that were to be the case that make getting two just more risky.

I wish the basic game at $25 tier could had been sent from within Europe alone that one at-least. Or that possibly an "everything" pledge could too, but I guess that content have already been printed and isn't around at the place where the new game is printed. Wish the same edition or rather the same content for normal Ultimate werewolf was around in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.