Bright Future» Forums » Variants

Subject: Tunnel Fever - Tunnel Phase variant for solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is great with updated rules and I realy enjoy it.
Anyway after several plays I realized that there is one random element which can ruin your strategy/game/chance to win.
If you draw same Tunnel Card(s) both or one turn after turn. Yes, it happens to me all the time no matter how much I shuffle cards.
So I suggest the option in solo play to set aside the Tunnel Card you just played for the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I'd suggest you don't do that as you may require the same card again the next turn depending on the situation mid-game. Your idea would completely block that option if that situation presented itself. I've tried it and it happened to me.

My advice is to play solitaire but with two characters or more to mitigate that. It works really well, but bear in mind with more characters the virus can mutate more often. Its a balancing act!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gaslight wrote:
...you may require the same card again the next turn depending on the situation mid-game.

That's why I'm suggesting it optional. I mean you can choose to keep played card in deck for the next turn or you can remove it for the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.