Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in the early days of Dungeon Saga I released a ledger system for building and recording custom Character builds and their advancement and collection of items during extended play and linked missions.
(old thread linked here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1470727/dungeon-saga-charac...)

Since then I've been working on a number of things, much of it related to introducing balance between characters and against minions, bosses and the dungeon itself.

So to that aim, I've put together a revised Character Builder with points system with an aim to weighting each stat and ability to demonstrate discrepancy between races and classes.

You can download it at dropbox and then view it in excel for the functionality.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uo78u05yi37ltw/Dungeon%20Saga%20-...

(Disclaimer: there are no macros in this excel doc)

UPDATE: I've now included a v1.0 version of the Minions Points system that applies a new levels threshold and comparison against Adventurer's Companion defined levels.

With the announcement of Star Saga and the move towards points based balancing, my hope is that this will work alongside any similar, official Dungeon Saga points system in the future aswell as providing a community approach to game balance for the interim.

Download it and let me know if there are any errors or issues and if you think the weightings are fair.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To keep the post above concise, here's the simple rules on how to use it:

1) Any of the cells or checkboxes in white can be selected to apply a choice
2) The advancement tables are not coded to follow all restrictions applied by the rules, so be aware that if changing your selection at a level, you should undo any previous selection at that level. Use the rules as written to guide your Advancement selections.

* Grey sections shows the points awarded for each stat, ability or attribute, split on Race and Profession basis.
* Red notes on the right define the initial points weightings applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.