7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Talisman Cataclysm for $37.49 (PRIME) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a hot deal per say, but with the Games Workshop/FFG split I've seen all the Talisman expansions dry up. Amazon has the Cataclysm one though back in stock (got myself one) in case anyone is missing that last piece to their collection:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0198KUCQY/ref=oh_aui_deta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Relic is going away but I think Talisman (Revised 4th Edition) is fine.

Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop Parting Ways

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:

Nope Talisman is gone too, see here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
D'oh! I read that list, like, 4 times and didn't see Talisman on there.

my bad

edit: - first time I've actually seen someone concerned that Talisman was going away whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to have a bunch of expansions in stock as well as the base game. I'm stocked up, but if you are interested this would be a good time to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
D'oh! I read that list, like, 4 times and didn't see Talisman on there.

my bad

edit: - first time I've actually seen someone concerned that Talisman was going away whistle

haha yeah its not everyones cup of tea but I enjoy the game for what it is (basic, random fantasy romps that are easy to teach new gamers to play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still get a lot of the expansions of Fantasy Flights website itself. of course you will pay a bit more than you would if you got them on Amazon.
On their schedule Fantasy Flight is reprinting two of the expansion (The City and Woodlands) which are being shipped. So, we may yet see those two showing up on Amazon. But i picked up the small expansion (except for the Reaper) from Fantasy Flight directly, and I believe, some are still in stock.
I'm still hoping for one last reprint of all the games, before the license ends. WHy not? It ends in febuary. Do one last reprint. My guess is, they'd sell like hotcakes.
They could even reprint them in time for their Thanksgiving sale, and then have them on sale so they are sold quickly and they have no stock left over when the license does officially end.
Here's hoping.
Otherwise I'm going to have to shell out $150 for a new copy of Chaos in The Old World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.