Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't in the rules, but it seems like Sagrada may play a bit better if you scale the number of dice you have in the game to the number of players you actually have in a given game. Assuming, of course, that you don't mind sorting the dice or having them pre-sorted ahead of time. By this I mean that with 4 players, just use the entire set of 90 dice. But with 3 and 2 players, limit the game to have only 70 and 50 dice respectively in the bag, keeping an even distribution of colors. This way an exact number of dice will always be used with none left over and you will never have any skewed dice colors with the lower player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
qswanger wrote:
This isn't in the rules, but it seems like Sagrada may play a bit better if you scale the number of dice you have in the game to the number of players you actually have in a given game. Assuming, of course, that you don't mind sorting the dice or having them pre-sorted ahead of time. By this I mean that with 4 players, just use the entire set of 90 dice. But with 3 and 2 players, limit the game to have only 70 and 50 dice respectively in the bag, keeping an even distribution of colors. This way an exact number of dice will always be used with none left over and you will never have any skewed dice colors with the lower player counts.

You could certainly do that if you'd like to keep the distribution even.

We haven't found it to be a problem in practice, so decided it wasn't worth the extra setup time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Andrews
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
qswanger wrote:

Personally, often when I play the game I will scale the dice as you have described. However, we dont think it is a necessary step. In some ways, its more fun (risky) to play with all the dice in the bag, knowing all of them might not come out. It does add a little luck to the game, but personally I enjoy a modest amounf of luck in games too. It gives everyone at the table a chance. And if you can win, while having "bad luck" the victory is that much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.