Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hesse
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I have heard a few people say that Saint Petersburg has been made better by newer games. I am curious as to what games they are alluding to. I really enjoy this game, and have not worn out of it yet, but am curious if there is something that does what it does better.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doobermite
United States
Chester County
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No other game does it better. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendor steals most of the mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I've never played SP, but I read that San Juan is similar and better (and that would also apply to SJ's sibling Race for the Galaxy). San Juan is one of my favorite light games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hesse
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't tried Splendor, but I cant imagine it being better than St. Pete - there just doesn't seem to be as much of a game there. Maybe I am wrong.

San Juan and Race are both solid games. I have played them both a fair amount and feel that though they have similarities they dont scratch the same itch as St. Pete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
St. Pete would actually fire Splendor for me after watching a couple of the reviews for the 2nd edition. San Juan is only similar in that they are tableau builders but that's about it. Splendor is really just a modernized take on Bazaar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Graves
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
In my opinion Saint Petersburg is better than all mentioned above. However they are all games that have similar mechanics of drafting card or assets balancing resources versus victory points.
The game like this I like a bit more than Saint Petersburg is
Puerto Rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.