Joe Shmoe
United States
LEXINGTON
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
https://www.gmtgames.com/s-2-p500.aspx

I just received the below email:

"We're writing to let you know that game 1846: The Race to the Midwest, 1846-1935 is one step closer to being completed and shipped out to you! Please note that today we charged your card for your order of 1 copies for a total of $62.00. As with all P500 games, this charge is made when the game in in our final printing process, so it won't be long now until the process is complete and we can ship your game.

We will update the completion and ship dates for 1846: The Race to the Midwest, 1846-1935 on our website, www.gmtgames.com, so please check there regularly if you want status updates. We hope you are as excited as we are to receive the finished product!

Thank you,

GMT Games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my email too. I'm thrilled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$62. A bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have missed it but has the final cover art for the GMT version been released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aingerso wrote:
I might have missed it but has the final cover art for the GMT version been released?

The only final art that I've seen is the map. I'm very curious to see what the tiles/charters/shares look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffeeRunner wrote:
$62. A bargain.

And that's shipped. MSRP $69, $47 without shipping on the P500.

I hope hope hope this is successful enough for them to consider a mix of reprints/reissues and new fare at this price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't got my email yet - should I be worried?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It;s been so long since I did the P500 I am trying to remember why. Is 1846 a good introduction to the 18XX series?

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
gavken wrote:

I wouldn't think so. They may not have fully automated their email sending, which would mean having to send out emails in batches rather than all at once. Now if you haven't got them by this time tomorrow I'd think of contacting them in case they've got your email address wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottder wrote:
It;s been so long since I did the P500 I am trying to remember why. Is 1846 a good introduction to the 18XX series?

Scott

Yup. It's good for beginners and enjoyable for experienced players. I've heard it referred to an 18xx that's got more of a euro feel than most other 18xx titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottder wrote:
Is 1846 a good introduction to the 18XX series?

If I am teaching 18xx to a person, my first choice is to use 1846. I wrote up an explanation of why:

1846 --- a fine introductory game in the 18XX series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
SQUEEE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:

No email for me either. I still have the receipt from when I ordered the game, but I think my credit card number has changed since then due to a credit card fraud incident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shmoe
United States
LEXINGTON
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can already see the charge on my credit card, so I'm guessing you should contact GMT if your credit card number has changed.

Looks like at least one online store will also carry it.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gmt1605.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just update your information and contact them through their website to let them know the information is updated, they will run it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoo! Got my charge email. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Webb
United States
Whitesburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same. Fingers crossed that it gets here by Extra Life 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Exciting news. Mind you, I wish I'd paid them before the pound went out and shot itself. :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no email and I have had no response from GMT when emailing them through their website!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:
Still no email and I have had no response from GMT when emailing them through their website!

Same with me, looking at my "status sheet" it still shows that 1846 is in "Charging" status and that my order quantity is 1. I suspect they are just working their way through the queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have been nice for them to reply saying that its in the queue to be processed though. This is my first time using P500, so its a whole new experience for me.

Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, as soon as someone gets an e-mail saying they are charged, they come here to post. Typically, it can take 2-3 weeks for everyone to be charged. Fear not.

One thing to be mindful of, of course, is to make sure that you haven't moved and that your credit card number they have has not expired.

If you haven't received an e-mail answer nor a notice of being charged by the 10th of October, perhaps send them another e-mail. They are very good about how they run their office and I would expect that you will be charged shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not moved and my credit card is still the same. Figures crossed then that they are just working their way through things.

Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have moved and I had not updated my info with GMT. I updated, called their customer service number, and the charge was processed within hours. The woman who answered my call was very helpful. If anyone is having issues, I'd say just call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wiyum wrote:
The woman who answered my call was very helpful. If anyone is having issues, I'd say just call.

A more economic alternative - especially for non-US customers - is to use the LIVE CHAT feature on their website. Same folks who answer the phone will respond there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.