Popular Tags: [View All]
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi --

So, I'm in the process of moving and the packers put a decent sized scratch in my crokinole board:

They've already packed the discs so I can't tell if it's deep enough to impact gameplay. There's a noticeable depression when I run my fingernail over it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? I'm less worried about how it looks than how it'll impact play (although making it look better would be nice too).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I'd try just waxing it first. Unless the scrape also created a bur I doubt it will effect much once it's bee waxed over. If there is a bur the very gently sand/steel wool it away before waxing. If you want to go all out you'd have to strip the wax from the board, build up varnish until the scrape is filled, and the refinish the full surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
gulpsobluecry

Ouch. I am so sorry, man.

Do you currently keep your board waxed? If so, a new layer ought to take care of it, play-wise. Aesthetically, some scratch remover (stain) ought to at least make it visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.