Libertalia» Forums » General

Subject: Have you ever used the 10 doublons coin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
Hi,
I really like this game and its arts and components. But even if I found it very nice, considering that you have to remove all your coins and tokens after each campaign (and translate it into victory points), I never used the 10 doublons coin. Actually, I do not remember having received 10 coins in an action... and even if I did happen, two 5 doublons coin will be perfect.
Am I missing something? or this 10 doublons coin is just a nice but useless component of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Libertalia promo metal coins. They are intended to replace the normal coins and the only come in two denominations, 1 and 5 which leads me to the conclusion that the 10 doublons are not neccessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
I have the Libertalia promo metal coins. They are intended to replace the normal coins and the only come in two denominations, 1 and 5 which leads me to the conclusion that the 10 doublons are not neccessary.

Oooh! Where do I get those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

Oooh! Where do I get those?

Libertalia: Metal Doubloons

I don't know. This seems to be a promo available at Essen 2012. I bought the game in 2015 at an online shop with the metal doubloons. It was the last german version I could find and it was expensive but the metal coins are a nice bonus to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
"I have set my life upon a cast, And I will stand the hazard of the die."
mbmbmbmbmb
With six players sometimes the money runs low and the 10 doubloon is used to free up some smaller change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
With six players sometimes the money runs low and the 10 doubloon is used to free up some smaller change.
Huh... I was thinking the other way around where fewer players means more money per player and the need for higher denominations, but now that I think of it, I believe the amount of money is still relatively fixed anyways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Romano
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have changed in coins for the 10 before. It makes it easier to count. I also like to do it as a power move. Those 10 coins represent pirate dominance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.