$20.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Libertalia» Forums » General

Subject: Have you ever used the 10 doublons coin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
Hi,
I really like this game and its arts and components. But even if I found it very nice, considering that you have to remove all your coins and tokens after each campaign (and translate it into victory points), I never used the 10 doublons coin. Actually, I do not remember having received 10 coins in an action... and even if I did happen, two 5 doublons coin will be perfect.
Am I missing something? or this 10 doublons coin is just a nice but useless component of the game?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Libertalia promo metal coins. They are intended to replace the normal coins and the only come in two denominations, 1 and 5 which leads me to the conclusion that the 10 doublons are not neccessary.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
I have the Libertalia promo metal coins. They are intended to replace the normal coins and the only come in two denominations, 1 and 5 which leads me to the conclusion that the 10 doublons are not neccessary.


Oooh! Where do I get those?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
I have the Libertalia promo metal coins. They are intended to replace the normal coins and the only come in two denominations, 1 and 5 which leads me to the conclusion that the 10 doublons are not neccessary.


Oooh! Where do I get those?


Libertalia: Metal Doubloons

I don't know. This seems to be a promo available at Essen 2012. I bought the game in 2015 at an online shop with the metal doubloons. It was the last german version I could find and it was expensive but the metal coins are a nice bonus to have.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
"I have set my life upon a cast, And I will stand the hazard of the die."
mbmbmbmbmb
With six players sometimes the money runs low and the 10 doubloon is used to free up some smaller change.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
With six players sometimes the money runs low and the 10 doubloon is used to free up some smaller change.
Huh... I was thinking the other way around where fewer players means more money per player and the need for higher denominations, but now that I think of it, I believe the amount of money is still relatively fixed anyways
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Romano
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have changed in coins for the 10 before. It makes it easier to count. I also like to do it as a power move. Those 10 coins represent pirate dominance.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.