Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
so background... got DT: RCS a couple of years ago, stocked up on the Allies and the Axis units, enjoyed the game for the most part, but then the Battlefront changes got me a little confused. Sold off, but still liked the idea of the game.

Decided to look into it again today and now I'm even more confused (Miniature Market is having a 10% off sale, so it piqued my interest).

This is what I recall (please correct)

So there was a v1 at some point, then FFG took it over, right? That's where the RCS and other models came out + all the cool expansion/mission/operation packs. Cards were sold to bring the old figures up to the FFG ratings and rules, right?

Then FFG got out and BFS took over, correct? They had a big KS for some desert version then failed/were very slow to deliver? But they too were changing the game around, new cards, new rules -- both for tabletop and boardgame versions. Am I getting this right?

Now it seems we have Dust 1947 with even newer rules, cards, figures, etc... is this is a new line completely or designed to work with the old? Is it TT only or gridded too? Would picking up the older stuff be of any use now? I still have the cards for the RCS (and the upgraded v1 cards too Dust Tactics: Unit Card Upgrade Pack) -- Are these obsolete?

It seems all this mess of DT stuff is out there and nothing to clearly indicated what goes with what and what else you need to adapt them to this, etc...

Any good source to untie my mind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it mostly right.

The latest version is called "Dust 1947" and includes rules for playing both Gridded and "Freeform" (no grids). It's not a new line of products, except for the rules and cards, and you can still play with any "old" models you have.

The new rulebook can be downloaded here: http://dust1947.com/downloadfile.php.

The new cards was previewed recently, and the final version will be released as pdf some time in the near future. They will include stats for all units ever released for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Kevin

You are as confused as the rest of us...So don't feel bad.

My understanding is that Dust Studios are trying to clean everything up with the release of Dust 1947. They have promised that ALL old units will be playable. So no matter what you buy, you will be able to use it with Dust 1947 as long as you either buy the new cards or print them for yourself. The new cards should be available for download soon.

As Magnus stated in his post above, the rules are freely available for download. They are pretty clear except for a few areas. The layout is nice, and the index is helpful. There are some questions about the rules, and areas that need to be cleared up but that's where this BGG group comes in. We've been discussing rules, and sharing information with each other over the past few months.

I recommend that you subscribe to the Dust 1947 BGG page so that you're notified of any posting that go up on here.

What army are you thinking of buying? I'm keeping both my Axis and SSU armies fully equip and ready for combat.

PS - I'm also looking at the Miniature Market sale too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
What sale?

Extra 10% off. DUST10 I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kevin is correct. The code for a 10% off Dust Tactics at Miniature Market is:

DUST10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.