Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the Godfather may not use favors; does this mean they can't use the dice they've collected from the other players or does it mean they can't use favor abilities from previous turns?

Follow up: the rules say that players may spend dice they've collected from other players. Is there any way to do that other than as the Godfather?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cog
msg tools
I play it that the Godfather cant use favors from the 6 river spots- but using collected dice is a big part of being the Godfather so you do and should use collected dice. Other players only get dice if they use the favor that allows you to duplicate one of your own dice.

And- the only way to collect dice is from being the Godfather or Vegas collections for all players..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cormier
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom you are correct!! Thanks for answering.

When you're the Godfather - you really have to find ways to make as many of the dice work for you as possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do find the confusion over favours confusing.

The rivers are favours
The dice are influence, but in the rules they are also called favours.

I make an offer influence to the Godfather, not a favour.

If anything, in the movies; the Godfather gives favours and then asks for something in return later on. In this game its the other way around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.