Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at NASA/Hubble images for a game board background, and am currently smitten with NGC 3603.

Has anyone seen a high-res image (1600x1600 or higher) of the following with those color adjustments?

Google image searches return either low-res with this coloring, or hi-res but drabber coloring (and my attempts to adjust via Luminosity and RGB adjustment layers not so good ).

Any guidance appreciated ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Toot
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD): http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:
Looking at NASA/Hubble images for a game board background, and am currently smitten with NGC 3603.

Has anyone seen a high-res image (1600x1600 or higher) of the following with those color adjustments?

Google image searches return either low-res with this coloring, or hi-res but drabber coloring (and my attempts to adjust via Luminosity and RGB adjustment layers not so good ).

I fooled around a bit. How about this one:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:
crazybyzantine wrote:

I fooled around a bit. How about this one:

Hmm, that might work ... let me play with that one after quitting time. Thanks!

edit: looks like you matched the red pretty dang close! I wonder how they got the blues on the starbursts in the center. I suspect they may have done something with multiple filters and mask layers, which I haven't learned how to do yet (and I use Paint Shop Pro )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
goo SEEN & 'believed' by people that it "follows you around" from A-N-Y angle-perspective, especially when you're "Female & nekkid"!
whistle~"Dervishly S-W-I-R-L-Y-!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAAAAHHH!! The Eye of GROGnads ! Must...take...off...the...ring...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
surprise Just "B" doing THAT: 'fully-clothed'! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:
Hmm, that might work ... let me play with that one after quitting time. Thanks!

edit: looks like you matched the red pretty dang close! I wonder how they got the blues on the starbursts in the center. I suspect they may have done something with multiple filters and mask layers, which I haven't learned how to do yet (and I use Paint Shop Pro )

All I know is that I only fooled around with selective color adjustments in Photoshop. BTW: your "blues" look like "greens" to me (I'm chromatically challenged). If you want them blue you can go as far as this (even a bit further but I didn't like that):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, yeah I was playing with "S curves" on RGB but taken too far it creates these ugly blue (green?) pixellations around the starbursts. But thanks for the assist !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.