Subject: Bullet Dice not painted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
**Edited as it's stated below by Michael that this is how the dice should be. I was still going off an old conversation we had about black versus white numbers and didn't know it had been changed to gray.

I just got my copy and noticed the dice numbers aren't white. They are gray, just like the dice. Anyone else or just mine?

I received a prototype die during the campaign and that one clearly has painted numbers (the orange one in the pic).

What kind of paint would be best to try to fix the issue? I think I'm going to make them black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Tiny Epic Defenders had some cards mis-cut. I sent Gamelyn Games some pics, and they had a replacement game in my hands within a week. I'm sure they'd be happy to send you some properly-painted dice. (Because who doesn't need more bullet dice? Amiright?)

EDIT: It sounds like that is how the dice are intended to be painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are the same.... They are painted, but just really faded. I don't mind filling them in with a little more white paint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin, at first I thought mine were faded as well but I believe it's just a little bit lighter from the cutting process. What kind of paint do you suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Sharpie paint marker should work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how all the bullet dice are filled in the games. They are ink filled with a cool gray 2 pantone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Blizzard
United States
Philadelphia
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going with the good old technique of using crayon as I did with the dice in my first D&D set many years ago. Just rub the numbers with a crayon and then wipe off the part not in the depression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glyfair wrote:
I am going with the good old technique of using crayon as I did with the dice in my first D&D set many years ago. Just rub the numbers with a crayon and then wipe off the part not in the depression.

This started out sounding a bit sarcastic...but ended up being quite a useful tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to get the game so I could see my dice. soblue

It's stuck in Maryland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
Glyfair wrote:

This started out sounding a bit sarcastic...but ended up being quite a useful tip!

1st edition dnd came with unpainted dice and a crayon so you could do it yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Glyfair wrote:

Never heard of this before, will this throw off the balance of the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonkers303 wrote:
Glyfair wrote:

Never heard of this before, will this throw off the balance of the dice?

probably but not by enough to really matter i would think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
Glyfair wrote:

I was going to suggest this as well, as I remember when I was younger, I bought some dice and they included a white crayon to fill in the numbers.
I wasn't sure if it was still done though and didn't want to sound like an idiot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, got mine today and the dice are so bad to read, I think I'm just going to throw in some regular dice in the box to use...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that prototype die in the picture looks better in every way than the final ones.

I even bought extra packs to use in Shadows of Brimstone. Not too happy about the change to the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The funny part was I was sent the prototype because I was worried the white numbers wouldn't be easily read by aging eyes and Michael wanted feedback on it. But then I opened the game today and saw these which aren't easy at all. Guess I missed the part of the campaign where the dice changed size and number color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Braffe wrote:
Glyfair wrote:

I was going to suggest this as well, as I remember when I was younger, I bought some dice and they included a white crayon to fill in the numbers.
I wasn't sure if it was still done though and didn't want to sound like an idiot

I'm from the same era. What works even better is a grease pencil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, uh.. just got my package today, and guess what? The extra dice packs totally have white painted numbers.

Well, at least what I paid extra for is good to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizarre! Congrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From Ra the Dice Game, which has same problem:
"Yes, it was a problem for us. My wife took a sharpie with an extra fine point, and fixed it for us. It worked really well." -Colorado_Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.