Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Treasure card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
danutzek danutzek
Romania
flag msg tools
Hello !

Can you please tell me if I`m playing correctly: when I defeat a monster,I draw a treasure card and that card says that it can be played immeadiately,and also is an attack card. So the question is: do I make a second attack during my turn?

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kosak
Croatia
Petrinja
Sisacko moslavacka zupanija
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
EDIT: I just noticed this is in the Wrath of Ashardalon forum, sorry, I was answering as if it was a Temple of Elemental Evil question.

danutzek wrote:
Can you please tell me if I`m playing correctly: when I defeat a monster,I draw a treasure card and that card says that it can be played immeadiately,and also is an attack card. So the question is: do I make a second attack during my turn?

The "Play Immediately" wording on the card is rather confusing at times.

Which Treasure card is it?

For example, if it is Adrenaline Surge, "Your Hero can take 1 additional action this Hero Phase", they your Hero does just that. He takes an action and it can be an Attack.

If it is Blessing of Torm, "Your Hero may use an At-Will power without using an action", then your Hero does it straight away.

Lastly, Clarity and Blessing of Mask, are also resolved straight away.

I think all the other Fortune cards are Gold pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
It means you play the card in front of you and follow the instructions on the card.

I don't think the wording on any of the WoA cards suggest you get another action (unlike the ToEE Fortune cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danutzek wrote:
when I defeat a monster,I draw a treasure card and that card says that it can be played immeadiately,and also is an attack card. So the question is: do I make a second attack during my turn?
A few things:

- It would help us if you could say which card(s) is confusing. It would help even more if you could quote it exactly since wording is quite particular in this game.

- I'm pretty sure that there are ONLY item cards in WoA, so no Fortunes or Blessings?

- I'm gonna make the assumption that you are talking about some sort of weapon card. Yes, item cards are played "immediately" in that they are put down on the table near your Hero so that they can be used. However, they aren't *used* immediately. They are just available for the next time the Hero decides to use them. Most weapons are At-Will and most special items are one-use (flip or discard the card).

- Remember that you only get to draw one Treasure card per turn, no matter how many monsters are killed on your Hero's turn.

tl;dr - No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.