$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

MIND: The Fall of Paradise» Forums » General

Subject: How many players per copy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by this game. There are 4 versions, one for each planet. Does that mean that I have to buy more than 1 to play a multiplayer game? If I buy only one, does that mean I'm stuck playing just that planet unless I buy the other three?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Each Faction is one player and can be played Solo. If you want to play with 3 more friends, for example, you will need 4 Factions in total.

This is to give flexibility to different groups and to the different needs people have. Everyone gets the amount of players they need.





3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this is board game a la carte.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea for flexibility, but for completeists (which I think applies to most gamers), needing to buy and shelve four boxes for one game is a headache.

Unless the Kickstarter will have an all-in-one option?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Good idea for flexibility, but for completeists (which I think applies to most gamers), needing to buy and shelve four boxes for one game is a headache.

Unless the Kickstarter will have an all-in-one option?


Yes, it's listed right in the pledge for it.

The sad thing is you'll still be paying for the boxes to carry all four even tho you'll never use them. They're even MORE useless than the minis which really just should have been meeples or standees since they're all the same
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaberRider wrote:
Each Faction is one player and can be played Solo. If you want to play with 3 more friends, for example, you will need 4 Factions in total.

This is to give flexibility to different groups and to the different needs people have. Everyone gets the amount of players they need.

So this is £71/€82/$92 for a 4-player game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can see on Kickstarter page there is an all in one option. 71 pounds for the lot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
foognut wrote:
From what I can see on Kickstarter page there is an all in one option. 71 pounds for the lot.

Plus £8 for all the add-ons (so far).

I'm still very hyped for this game, but for that price I'll wait for some reviews.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotho Tal Ker
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus 20 dollar shipping, which might increase if extra things are unlocked. The old kickstarter was 69 pounds and included shipping.
The new one removed most of the things I liked about the old one (the various boards and MIND playing different), so I am also a bit hesitant.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another turn off for me is that it appears that each faction is intentionally identical, except for color and a faction leader's power. In essence, I'd be buying four copies of the same game.

So much for the recent asymmetrical trends.
I hope I'm wrong. It looks way cool. meeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Another turn off for me is that it appears that each faction is intentionally identical, except for color and a faction leader's power. In essence, I'd be buying four copies of the same game.

So much for the recent asymmetrical trends.
I hope I'm wrong. It looks way cool. meeple



You are not wrong. In comments the creator said:

Quote:
The Leader and Superpower are only the most important differences, but each Faction has a different colony layout and Events. Also, asymmetry is not something I want to introduce right now as the game gets VERY complicated for no good reason.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi there guys!

Let me answer some of your questions:

Quote:
Good idea for flexibility, but for completeists (which I think applies to most gamers), needing to buy and shelve four boxes for one game is a headache.

Unless the Kickstarter will have an all-in-one option?


If you want to have everything the game has to offer and have it in one box you need to get the I WANT IT ALL reward level + the ULTIMATE COLLECTOR addon. With these 2 you just sit back and relax, you are gaining it all.

Quote:
The sad thing is you'll still be paying for the boxes to carry all four even tho you'll never use them. They're even MORE useless than the minis which really just should have been meeples or standees since they're all the same


The Miniatures are the same because of production logistics. As a first time publisher I really want to deliver this game and if we manage to unlock stretch goals that make the Leaders unique then fine, but I cannot risk and increase the production cost for something that some backers might not care for. But the first reason is that I want to keep the initial funding simple and safer.

Quote:
Another turn off for me is that it appears that each faction is intentionally identical, except for color and a faction leader's power. In essence, I'd be buying four copies of the same game.


Factions are similar but not identical. Very big difference. Each Box has different Leaders, Superpowers but also scenarios, Event cards and the whole colony layout. So when playing you have your unique situation.

Also, with stretch goals we will differentiate the Factions even more. Again, I am a new publisher that is in charge of quite a big game as a startup. I want to be safe and show some restraint with the production, hope you understand.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Good idea for flexibility, but for completeists (which I think applies to most gamers), needing to buy and shelve four boxes for one game is a headache.


Except it's not one game though, but four games. Each can be played solo, or you can combine the games for a competitive or co-op style of play.

I'll agree a completionist will see it as one game with four different factions, but it's not being marketed or sold as such, and each faction is supposed to work as a unique stand-alone (solo) game.

Granted, I think a "single box all in one" that did away with redundant packaging, rulebooks, etc. and was cheaper in price might be a better way to market the thing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.