10 Posts

Melee» Forums » General

Subject: Counter Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the size of the original character counters? 1/2", 3/4", etc....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Most of them were about 3/4" square.
But there were also half-size and smaller counters to represent smaller beings, dropped weapons etc., and the three-hex triangular two-headed giant!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add that my recollection is that the size wasn't necessarily consistent between the base game and the various microgame adventures that could be purchased to go with it (Death Test, etc.) I wouldn't sweat the exact size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It all depends on how good you were with a sharp knife - we could only dream of die-cut counters in those days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm thinking about having new counters printed out for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably think about printing them out a bit smaller than 3/4" because I seem to remember that it was a snug fit in the hexes - unless you're a counter-corner-clipper.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
It all depends on how good you were with a sharp knife - we could only dream of die-cut counters in those days.

But be careful, I still have a scar on my left thumb from some inattentive cutting of those strip counters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite from the series:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

That was the work of Pat Hidy, who did the counters for the Death Test series. They were quite good. My favourites were the giant with the club and the cutlass-carrying octopus.

I liked her work in Sticks & Stones too.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:

That was the work of Pat Hidy, who did the counters for the Death Test series. They were quite good. My favourites were the giant with the club and the cutlass-carrying octopus.

I liked her work in Sticks & Stones too.

Brian

Yeah, the Death Test counters were my favorite too. I loaned them out at some point, to whom I don't remember, and they never came back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.