GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Miniature Market - Website Quirk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Noom-noom-Numeron, send us food to chew-mer-on.
badge
Ed's chunk just spun in place, forever.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stumbled across an oddity on the Miniature Market website today and sent them a brief email notifying them as such:

Quote:
Just a quick heads up – looks like someone left in some debug code on the Account Information page (https://www.miniaturemarket.com/customer/account/edit/). As the page is loading, a browser prompt appears saying “edit away”.

-Adam

Not a big deal, and as a developer, I'd like to know if my code in the wild is misbehaving. I've used JS alerts many a time when debugging a webpage. In any case, this was the response I got:

Quote:
Customer will see that prompt when viewing their account if their birthday has not been entered. Once a birthday has been entered to receive birthday rewards you will no longer see that prompt when you go to your Account Information page.

Ah, the ol' "working as intended" argument. Again, not a big deal, but I thought it was funny, especially as I live and breath these sorts of interactions as part of my current work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
[SARCASM]
You mean in your BGG account, when you remove everything from your wishlist, then add Caylus as a wish list 3, and then proceed to search for User "Easter Egg 2017", you get a gold camel microbadge, but upon trying to look at your microbadges, your internet browser irreparably crashes?

Don't worry, that's a feature. We are glad you are enjoying your user experience.
[/SARCASM]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
You mean in your BGG account, when you remove everything from your wishlist, then add Caylus as a wish list 3, and then proceed to search for User "Easter Egg 2017", you get a gold camel microbadge, but upon trying to look at your microbadges, your internet browser irreparably crashes?

Don't worry, that's a feature. We are glad you are enjoying your user experience.

Thanks a lot - now I have to add all 100 games back to my wishlist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
eastwoodk wrote:
Dolus wrote:

Thanks a lot - now I have to add all 100 games back to my wishlist

That's a bonus feature to help your wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't do it guyz! Plz! Your iphone7 will die if you tighten the vice too much or if you get past that and attempt to drill the headphone jack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.