Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed this photo.

Is this mechanic still coming? Are they adding it for all Factions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the "Ferengi Alliance" is the name of the faction, not a particular in-game option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I meant the Allies cards. If you notice, they have cards for the Grand Nagus, etc, which is not a mechanic they have in the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right you are...interesting. I guess we'll learn more with the full preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its speculation for now, but those allies cards will likely be a new function that everyone can use, not just the ferengi.

or another possibility is the ferengi use these, but the cards get passed around given the text on them so everyone will get hold of it eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
The allies cards are mixed characters, not just Ferengi.

They said a while ago that the Feregni would add new rules to the game, which is why they wouldn't have them out for the premiere games at the cons.

When you read these, and the few cards that they've shown at cons, you can see that they have give players bonuses, extra resources, or provide a service. Many of them you either have to give the card to another player afterwards or pay a cost every time you want to use them.

I'm thinking there may be a "trade partners" command that works similar to the advancements command.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
the few cards that they've shown at cons, you can see that they have give players bonuses, extra resources, or provide a service.

I hope they make a card that provides the service called Oo-Mox.

Think about it. What a great party game feature card it would be. Four player game, seating arrangement: boy/girl/boy/girl.

The card:

For every 1 resource paid, the player to your right must give you 1 minute of Oo-Mox during your downtime.

No more complaining about downtime. Meet the Vulcan of your dreams on game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
R2EQ wrote:
John1701 wrote:
the few cards that they've shown at cons, you can see that they have give players bonuses, extra resources, or provide a service.

I hope they make a card that provides the service called Umax.

Think about it. What a great party game feature card it would be. Four player game, seating arrangement: boy/girl/boy/girl.

The card:

For every 1 resource paid, the player to your right must give you 1 minute of Umax during your downtime.

No more complaining about downtime. Meet the Vulcan of your dreams on game night.

Oo-mox*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.