Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
England
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it Allied or German player?

The example at par 19.1.3 says Allied, but on the last page of the rulebook it says German. I checked 1st edition rules, same discrepancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the JABOS Designers comment on page 31?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmb
My read is Jabos changes only the German attacks.

The allied attacks are not affected.

As for who actually rolls the die (ie, picks it up and tosses it), the rule book is ambiguous as you've pointed out. I'd say you can work that out with your playing partner. If playing solo, this is particularly easy to resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very True.laugh

I do know Jabos affects generally only Germans when they attack. But what is essential and game changing thing is which player makes the roll.

I'm referring to the pg 32 orange section Effects of Weather Summary, second bullet, and pg 19 par 19.1.3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
It really doesn't make any difference who rolls die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is irrelevant who rolls the die, but since the effect is from the Allied "units" (abstracted), let the Allied player roll it (just like he rolls the effect of his artillery on a German attack).

-K
co-developer, N'44

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either player could roll, but the Germans feared the allied JABOS (Fighter-Bombers), so you should have the Allied player roll for the Allied JABOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
tomekd wrote:
Very True.laugh

I do know Jabos affects generally only Germans when they attack. But what is essential and game changing thing is which player makes the roll.

I'm referring to the pg 32 orange section Effects of Weather Summary, second bullet, and pg 19 par 19.1.3
How is who rolls the die important. You are not magic. You cant make the dice do what you want. Take turns. Have your mum roll, get a stranger to stop in. It matters not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it's the highest time to put this matter to rest. Everyone's input have been meticulously analyzed and scrutinized. Over n out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send me the die and aisle roll them for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.