Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife let me open one of the 7 packages that sat wrapped on my coffee table as my birthday presents. B-Day is not until Tuesday, but she was feeling guilty for the torture the games were inflicting.

So with a friend over we decided to play. Game was easy enough to learn and after 10-15 minutes we were up and running. That is, once we figured out why there aren't the same number of pieces in each color!

Pedictably, we were all trying to position our people as close to the exits as possible. When the first AD 79 card came up we were pretty balanced around the board.

Getting used to ways of maximing placement of relatives came slowly, but began to see some strategies, like, never place the next to last piece in a building. If you let others do that it will centainly help maximize the number of relatives you get on the board.

We didn't do an actual count of the pieces on the board after phase 1. I'd venture that my wife had the most, I had the second most and our friend was a close 3rd. So then the lava began to flow.

The lava came out pretty evenly as well. I think we had one of each on the board before we had 3 of 1 type out. Even all the way through the end of the game we were pulling a nice variety out of the bag. It took a while for the lava to claim it's first victims since it didn't move too rapidly in any particular direction. We lost one here or there, and then I lost a house with 2 in it.

About this time exits started to vanish and the escape plans changed dramtically. I pretty much had to abandon a couple people to the lava and focus on getting my biggest groups out as quickly as possible.

Our friend got her last piece out of the city and then was set on playing the spoiler. I was the next to have all my pieces out with my wife remaining. We were unable to really inhibit her plans for escape because she kept pulling the tiles we could have used to affect her.

In the end, my wife won with 15 (half!) of her people escaping, I had 11 and our friend had 10. We all really enjoyed the game and were almost tempted to play again right after but there were things to do.

Cetainly glad I put on my wishlist for my wife to buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of seven!!

Not all games are they?

I actually am very interested in the game. If I can't find survive in essen, I'll probably buy this.

I like the ending of your session report. You wanted to play it again. To me that are signs of a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes 7 packages, but my wife was sneaky and it was 9 games! What a great haul. Can't wait to play them all.

Incidentally, played this two more times today. Just as fun both times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.