Subject: So...is anyone actually playing this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't much activity on these boards, so I'm curious if people have actually bought this and whether they are actually playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy bought it. Big Trouble in Little China is his favorite movie. I've played it 4 times with him and he has played it a few more times when I wasn't with him. He's willing to play it anytime. He (I think half jokingly) remarked that we would never need to play Marvel Legendary again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it once and I liked it as much as Legendary Marvel. I really enjoyed the scheme I played. Unfortunately we didn't win and my wife wasn't hooked on the theme so it hasn't made it back to the table again. Another reason it has not made it to the table is because I have purchased a lot of games recently and I am trying to get all of them to the table. I currently have about 9 games that haven't been played yet and a couple that have only been played once and haven't had the chance to revisit it.

With that being said I think the set plays a lot like the Marvel version and I always enjoy more scheme twist and really like the dual mastermind scheme that came with the game. The game could fill in easily for a play in between Marvel plays and I would enjoy it just as much, give me more variety. Also the best way to get my wife on board is play an easy setup first, I liked the scheme so much I jumped in with it and it was a more difficult setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also thought about mixing the schemes in with the Marvel version. Would really like to try the dual mastermind one with some of the Marvel masterminds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered it with SeaFall, so I still don't have my copy, unfortunately. It's OK though. I'm not particularly excited about getting it to the table, honestly. When I do, I have no intention of mixing BTiLC with Marvel. That just seems weird to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to pick it up and don't know anyone else who owns it. My biggest problem (and biggest hesitation) is that although Big Trouble is one of my favorite films of all time, most people I know aren't nearly as fond of it as I am, so getting it to the table frequently would be iffy.

Still, I own a copy of the other great Carpenter/Russell collaboration from the '80s, The Thing, and not taking the opportunity to own a game based on Big Trouble seems like it would be a real let down...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the theme or for the gameplay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had fun playing it straight and mixing it with Marvel. Assassination is a brutal scheme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even once, I did Big Trouble in Little Firefly. BTiLC characters doing the first game of firefly. Didn't end well for our heroes but they thrashed the Dortmunder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry may be off topic... what are the size of the cards? (Same as other Legendary Games?) What sleeve sizes will work?

(Thanks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as all other Legendary games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M. Cabal Inés
Spain
Oviedo
Principado de Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought it as a wildcard game to have in our favorite shop to play when the weekly plans failed.

We played some games and is a version of evolved Marvel Legendary quite funny and enjoyable.

And it have it owns taste.

I like the 2 main players with 19 cards instead 14 to be customizable to each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.