This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Worried about the expansions included rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the game will come with all three expansions on the main box, that would otherwise be bought on its respective expansion boxes. How are the extra components/minis goin to be stored in the box? And since I'm asking, what about the main components/minis? Are there going to be custom inserts for the minis, trays, etc?

If someone can get that information, or if anyone from Awaken Realms can comment on this, it would be great!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My main concern is about the expansions. How are they adding the content? If it does not come with the expansions boxes, will there be custom trays for it (and probably the Kickstarter exclusive content)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing baggies. Lots of baggies bog and small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand, the expansions will not come in boxes when bought after the kickstarter. They will only be sold from the Awaken Realms website, not in retail (if I remember correctly), so they will probably be shipped in normal shipping boxes, but have no fancy box with art.

Awaken Realms have consistently said that all stretch goals will fit in the core box. I have consistently been totally clueless as to how that's supposed to work out, but I guess we'll see.

The only thing I'm convinced of is that they have no plan to deliver a better product to people who purchase this at a later date, than what they will deliver to their backers. That might change if the game becomes a very big seller and they make new production runs, of course, but there has been nothing to suggest that they are planning to give later customers nice boxes that they will not ship to backers.

For the record, I think it's a pity the expansions won't come in boxes, considering the absolutely awesome box-art they've mocked up for the campaign page… cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as it all fits in the core box I'll be happy. I'm running out of shelf space as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what about the safety of putting everything in the core box? Unless the retail version has some space left over, how are they going to do it? I hope at least the minis come somehow protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The expansions will certainly not come inside the box and I believe that it will be protected.
But then after, hopefully, you will be able to store, if you want, the whole thing inside the box.
Of course, it will be a little crowded.
We can't have it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame though we can't have the expansions boxes they've mocked up for the campaign... But still, I would be happy if there was some customized tray or something for the expansions in the core box, not just "space".

I guess I'm beeing this "picky" because of the packaging inside the core box of the Machs vs Minion I saw. Those custom trays... Amazing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We talked a great deal about that during the campaign and no way to make them produce the boxes.
They were very clear on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's ok. But would be nice to know exactly how they are planning on packaging the content

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitz Rurisk
France
flag msg tools
Le gras, c'est la vie.
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly... I've pledge the full furniture packs, and intend to paint everything, thus I need to properly protect them !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.