Subject: Pacific war solo effort questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello. I am working through the pacific war scenario solo and have a question about set up: the KMT 42 set up chart says they get one industry marker in chongquing but icantfind it on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, a question!

Chongqing is in Sichuan-1.
This city got left off the Microgame Design Group edition map but is present in the other editions.
Draw a small "city box" in the area to show it.

Thanks!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you. Enjoying this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, thanks!

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry another rules question. Seems like posting publicly reduces the chances of repeat questions as future players can see thread.
Playing pacific war 3 player. Japan has occupied both cities kunming and nanning. Original rules state foreign aid from US and U.K. does not reach KMT in this case. Can't find anything to refute this in updated rules. My question: can foreign aid from western allies still be used to build and use western allied troops? Based on my reading of the rules it seems this is "no" but I want to double check as more maps have been added since original rules were written.

Slight edit to add all port cities in China are occupied by Japan.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes.
'Twas ever thus.

Per 18.1.2, in the Pacific War phase the Wallies may be automatically providing support to the KMT, but there is no PSP benefit, only material. And if there is no way to get the material into China, then it can't be spent on KMT units.

However, per 5.3.1, it's explicit that the EP the Chinese player gets from UK and US support may be spent on either KMT or Western Allied units.

Brian

PS: repeat questions? future players? You're the first person to ask about the extension games in years!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And given that it's very cool you're still right here to answer questions, Brian. thumbsupthumbsup cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Why thank you!

No Game Left Behind, eh... though I can't always vouch for what I might have been thinking, when I wrote something 17 or 24 years ago.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Appreciate your clarifying. I am really looking forward to introducing this to a few gaming friends in January. Going to be a blast to play with three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again!

A three player game actually played with three... hope they'll like it!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Two more questions. Thank you in advance.

1) under 6.2.1. Does the KMT lose two PSP for each faction it does not pay or is it a total of two PSP lost even if several factions are denied builds?

2) can a breakthrough attack be done on an otherwise unoccupiedcity, or must there be enemy forces there?

Regards,

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

It's -1 PSP, per faction denied.
(You should download the "expansion" rulebook and charts as that is the last and authoritative version: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38827/battle-china/files)

9.3 Breakthrough attacks specifies the attack must be made on another enemy BG. So there must be enemy forces in the city.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you. This update will come in handy. I have to commend you again for the level of support you provide.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm the only one here; I'd better be the one to do it!

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just checking on a rule difference I noticed in the most recent version of the rules. Under 6.6, Japan may gain additional EP by exchanging PSP at a rate of 2 PSP for 1 EP. Is this correct? I ask because prior versions stated a 1:1 exchange of PSP for EP and I want to make sure the new 2:1 rate isint a typo.

Tx,

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The most recent version is correct.
So yes, 2 for 1.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had a fantastic time playing this. My friends and I played several different games over a week long visit, but this ended up being the favorite. No small feat, as I was the only person there who gravitates to war games. Will play again. If anyone reading is considering giving this a try, I encourage you to do so.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, thank you!
I'm very glad you and your friends enjoyed this.
Makes it all worthwhile!

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.