Bright Future» Forums » Rules

Subject: 'DRAW A CODE' and 'REPLACE A CODE' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
A common mistake by players of Bright Future, which I admit have fallen foul of myself, is the text on the Tunnel Cards in the Tunnel Fever scenario:

There is a BIG difference in 'Draw a Code' and 'Replace a Code' during the virus' phase which is easily overlooked:

The former text, you draw a code and place it on the instructed code slot.
The latter you REPLACE the code with the newly drawn code! And putting the old replaced code into the supply.

Quite often my players don't 'replace' and only draw contrary to the text on the tunnel card which makes the game very difficult.

Just thought I'd share this for newer players or those getting started or having trouble with the difficulty level of the game

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
True.
The Mutation cards which have a "replace a code" negative effect have a generally weaker positive effect than the Contamination and the Outbreak cards which add a code.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.