Subject: ID a scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Rodger
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played at a convention this weekend. The scenario had us draw jobs from the deck and put goals on the planet they end at. Then, when you complete a job at one of those planets you get the goal. First to theee goals win.

it was a great, quick scenario and I won in a couple hours. Does anyone know what it's called and which set it's from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RARodger wrote:
Played at a convention this weekend. The scenario had us draw jobs from the deck and put goals on the planet they end at. Then, when you complete a job at one of those planets you get the goal. First to theee goals win.

it was a great, quick scenario and I won in a couple hours. Does anyone know what it's called and which set it's from?

I think it's "Where the Winds Take Us" but I'm not sure what set it's from.

Edit - it's from the Jetwash ship expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth a look:
Which is your favourite story?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rodger
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks, guys.

Huh. I see that it's listed for experienced players. It seems a great introduction, though. I wonder why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
RARodger wrote:
Huh. I see that it's listed for experienced players. It seems a great introduction, though. I wonder why.

I am a little surprised it's listed for experienced players myself. Perhaps it's because it has the potential to draw out nearly every mechanism the game has to offer. And if you've got the whole gambit of Firefly going with that story card, then a new player may get overwhelmed with seeing players do something new and/or different every other turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is one of my wife's favorite story cards. it really requires you to think out your jobs carefully and, in some cases, "mine" a particular contacts deck to get what you need. I must say that the Cortex Uplink proved to be very valuable (at least in our games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perhaps it's for experienced players so you have some idea of which contacts you should be dealing with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Perhaps it's for experienced players so you have some idea of which contacts you should be dealing with?

That's what I was thinking, need to have an idea of who sends you where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
gwek wrote:

That's what I was thinking, need to have an idea of who sends you where.

Certainly not needed to enjoy the scenario, but perhaps this knowledge can help to bring a faster win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.