Subject: Why are there so few pictures of the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading about a game is often the best way to get more details about it, but a visual aid is sometimes much needed. I find it odd that there are so few images out there of the game components, board, card, tokens, etc. The few pictures in the Gallery depict a rather bland game, and I know this is deceptive so please, will anyone upload some photos of the game that show the real flavor of the Potterverse? If you are afraid about spoiling something, use the
Spoiler (click to reveal)
option. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the reason is that there aren't that many copies of the game in circulation, yet. If I recall it correctly that had very limited supply of the game during GenCon and most of the copies will be sold sometime October/November
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon delivered my copy days ago. Should be readily available in the US. Surprised no one has taken more photos myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a lot of stock movie photos. The game is based on movie and not the books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Bunzel
Germany
Düsseldorf
North-Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Yep, also it really takes long to ship it to Germany from Amazon.com, mine was send a few days ago, but will be here only in 1 or 2 Weeks.
Quite sad that this is the only option for Europeans to get this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean? I thought the game would soon be available in Europe (After Essen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened my copy last night. Despite crappy packing from calendars.com, the game arrived in good shape. The box is extra sturdy. The photos on the cards seem to be really well done. I did post an image of my card backs, which are shockingly unevenly colored. The photo shows it, although I think it's more obvious in person than in the image:

The starting decks for the characters I have looked at so far have a couple really dark backs, some mediums, and some lights. The Hogwarts deck also has variations. It's surprising, because generally the game has excellent presentation and production values.

I'm not that into images myself, so I doubt I'll post more. I figured this was newsworthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Butler
United States
Prairie Village
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My copy arrived last week, but I'm saving it for Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.