Popular Tags: [View All]
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Does such money, e.g., what was spent on army maintenance, return to the same pile as that from which you will draw new units during the appropriate phase?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, correct. The pile is referred to as the "stock" in the game rules and the pieces are double sided to be used as resource peices or "money" depending. They come and go in one form or another throughout the game.

Interesting to see you finally discovering this outstanding game Sev! Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the game on the table for a long time, as it really needs all five factions to work right and it is longish (at least for my group). I very much liked the game and would gladly play if I could convince the others.

Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bubslug. This means that factions that build and maintain armies might still have something left over for new units after all; but then there is that neat element of influencing key cities with resource money late in each turn, so one might not want to just build armies, etc.

I picked up the game years ago and kept it in shrink for a long time. It looks like a really cool game, but I need the help of the veterans to sort out the nits and picks, nuts and bolts.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.