The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire» Forums » General

Subject: Limited Resources/Dice ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I assume things like the dice are limited to availability?

Not counting the oil dice which are temporary, there are 5 of each dice. If all the dice have been taken I assume you can't invest in that energy type anymore?

This is the same for all other resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice are limited. Note that players are limited to a max of 5 dice, and may also only get one hydro (blue) die.

I don't know about the resources however...I haven't run across an issue in my couple of plays, but none of them were with 4. It generally doesn't benefit a player to hold onto resources except if they have a goal card that gives vps for having them at the end of the game...but even then you can only score up to five of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The resources, such as money, steel, plastic, science, and oil, are all considered unlimited. The rules say that if you run out of bits, to use a substitute. But out of all of our hundreds of plays, I've only seen a resource run through the twenty bits once. It's very rare because it's generally not strategic to hoard resources, and they're fairly easy to spend/utilize.

In most instances, they're worth more when used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.