Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

878: Vikings – Invasions of England» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter Notification? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Is there a way to be placed on a list so that you know when the Kickstarter campaign has begun? Or do we simply just keep monitoring boardgamegeek?

Thanks,
JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jaquette
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Notification
You might want to add a question mark to the end of your title.

It currently implies that the Kickstarter has started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Crowther
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Notification
LovefortheGame wrote:
You might want to add a question mark to the end of your title.

It currently implies that the Kickstarter has started.

Yeah, I was about to open my wallet. You can subscribe to the game and I'm sure something will be posted on the game page which will send you a notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So sorry! I wasn't thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamerstl wrote:
Is there a way to be placed on a list so that you know when the Kickstarter campaign has begun? Or do we simply just keep monitoring boardgamegeek?

Thanks,
JR

you can go to Kickstarter and follow Uwe Eickert, you'll get a notification when he creates a new project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jelly Pantz
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Subscribe for notifications on BGG like the rest of us.

Really impressed with this publisher but I wish they'd manage how they present themselves & their work more professionally. I've been waiting for the Vikings Kickstarter all of 2016 and suddenly a pre-order for 1754 is available (which I ordered immediately) but still no serious Vikings chatter aside from a few Facebook pictures and comments. Their website is a bit wonky too.
I understand they're a small publisher and they're certainly punching above their weight in the quality of the games they put out (can't speak for their tactical war games, not my thing) but a more professional outward face might benefit their business. I'm rooting for them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

They generally don't release much material until the game is ready for sale. It's a spartan approach, but it's professional. I think other publishers could learn from them on this point.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobi wrote:
boardgamerstl wrote:

Thanks,
JR

you can go to Kickstarter and follow Uwe Eickert, you'll get a notification when he creates a new project.

Thanks so much! I did not know about this option.
JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobi wrote:
boardgamerstl wrote:

Thanks,
JR

Solid tip, thanks. I can *NOT* wait for this. If it's anything like 1775: Rebellion, I'll be backing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jelly been waiting years for their Gettysburg series. Glad 1754 will be first, but want both bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.