Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing "First Reconnaissance" solo. The solo rules for that scenario (page 15) say to "Use ... special rules for Tactic selection from the Solo Conquest mission (page 17)". Page 17 says:

Quote:
Special Rules:
* When taking Tactics, you always choose first. The Dummy player then takes one random card from those remaining.
* At the end of each Day or Night, remove both used Tactic cards from the game. That means, each Tactic card is picked exactly once during the game.

I'm unclear whether to apply both these rules or just the first:
The first rule is clearly about Tactic selection, so it definitely applies.
The second rule is not about selecting Tactics, it's about what to do with them at the end of the round. Also, the second sentence is clearly untrue in the case of First Reconnaissance, which only lasts at most four rounds, which creates even more doubt about whether it's meant to apply.

Ruling please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to you. I recommend you remove them though, as it provides an extra thing to consider when selecting tactics (to compensate for the fact that there isn't another player around to make the choice more significant).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I re-read it, I see that the phrase "special rules for Tactic selection" (plural) means it's not just the first rule that applies.

Question answered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.