3 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fakirs vs Founding a city via river space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Fakirs [+] [View All]
Liana Lynx
Brazil
flag msg tools
To found a town via a river space, do the Fakirs have to get a bridge, since they don't have any navigation, or it would be considered directly adjacent because of the Carpet Flight?

I ask that because of this sentence in the manual "In the final scoring, any Structures that can be reached via Carpet Flight are considered connected" Event though it says "in the final scoring", would it be considered adjacent during the game? If it doesn't , then could I assume Fakirs have to get bridges to found towns across river space?

Did I make myself clear? lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loon
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Sadly, the Fakirs do need a bridge to form a town.

"Connected" in is case is "indirect". You can dig/build across it, and it counts for final scoring. But for towns (and a few other things, such as leeching), you need a stronger, "direct" adjacency, which is only obtained from hexes that share a border or from bridges.

Possible clarification: the same rule applies to factions using shipping; If I have buildings on two sides of a river, they can't form a single town unless I build a bridge. (Exception: the Mermaid faction ability lets them include one river hex in each town, so they can get direct adjacency across the river without a bridge.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liana Lynx
Brazil
flag msg tools
Loon, thanks for perfectly clarifying that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.