Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we've gotten a few of the Board Game Bento boxes (One of the blind boxes that sends you stuff every month), and the shipping box they use is adorable- brightly colored with cute gaming inspired art on all the sides. The boxes usually arrive fairly beat up thanks to the postal service, but I decided to take one of the extra boxes and throw together a dice tower from it today.

It's essentially a prototype, as I've never built one before, and wasn't sure if it would even work properly. I'm hoping one of the next Bento Boxes we get in isn't as battered, and I can make a cleaner, prettier version!

'Facepalm Picard' seemed the best image for the front where the dice roll out... it's usually the same look I have when I see my results!

I think I may go back and put some tape around the top to clean it up, but otherwise I'm really pleased with it! Plenty large enough it's easy to drop the dice in to, and stays stable as they roll around inside. Even the heavy, over-sized dice from Seasons work great with it. No more escapees leaping off the gaming table, or worse, ricocheting into other game pieces! Our first game of Seasons saw one of it's big clunkers of a die obliterate half the score board. gulp Now we won't have that problem!

Anyway, just thought I'd share my little project! I know it's not as clean as some of the other projects I've seen around here, but it's nice to take something like a leftover box and put it to good use- and it was hard to resist finding something game related to do with the Bento box art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.